PDA

View Full Version : AA b777 diverted to SFO due to assault on FA

armchairpilot94116
27th Sep 2009, 00:57
Int'l Flight Diverted To SFO After Onboard Assault - cbs5.com (http://cbs5.com/local/emergency.landing.SFO.2.1210842.html)

American 777 diverted to SFO , FA assaulted . 3 passengers removed from the flight bound for Tokyo from DFW.

Huck
27th Sep 2009, 01:46
That didn't take long... not 2 hours into a 12 hour flight....

CityofFlight
27th Sep 2009, 02:39
SLF here... and I realize that I'll likely get deleted, before the lack of news worthy link does, but I sure long for the days when passenger decorum was the norm and not the exception.

I fly busines travel often. Fortunately, most of my flights have conducted themselves within the norms of domestic flight that I've come to know. It's the int'l ones that become questionable.

I'd gladly pay $100-200 more if it meant the difference between a pleasant flight and those whose behaviours are already questionable prior to boarding.

11Fan
27th Sep 2009, 02:45
Kick their butts off the aircraft and let em take a bus back home, unless they were from Tokyo. Then they can catch a fish trawler.

Airbubba
27th Sep 2009, 03:39
FlightAware > American Airlines Inc. #61 > 26-Sep-2009 > KDFW-KSFO (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL61/history/20090926/1722Z/KDFW/KSFO)

Junkflyer
27th Sep 2009, 04:19
Throw 'em in jail. Disruptive/dangerous behavior has no place on an airplane.

IJM
27th Sep 2009, 04:31
Look at the link contained within the original posting ( from cbs5 ), then at the comment on the story from "Dan".... :ugh:

308GT4
27th Sep 2009, 04:36
MONEY~ period.
Think of the "bad publicity" gained from kicking unruly pax off a flight, might damage the all and only important factor with commercial aviation today- MONEY! Our modern day 20th-21st century GOD, to whom most all now pay total homage.:ugh:

IJM
27th Sep 2009, 05:38
I'm not sure how damaging to future business an airline apparently taking firm action against unruly passengers would be? Maybe the "bad publicity" wouldn't be seen as such by many potential customers?

RoyHudd
27th Sep 2009, 08:06
Had disruptive pax on a delayed night flight from UK to medium-haul Euro destination. Had them met by the police on arrival. Because of turn-round and return flight obligations, insufficient time to make a report to the local police. To do so would have meant cancelling the return flight or postponing 12 hours. Not viable commercially. Therefore the bad pax got off scot-free. Happens all the time on holiday charters.

Disruption included drunken behaviour, verbal abuse of cabin staff and other pax, and smoking. Not nice, esp as these UK passported gentlemen were of a persuasion that strictly prohibits booze due to its so-called shareea laws.

Airbus_a321
27th Sep 2009, 09:14
my highest regards to the captains decision to turn back and hand over this unruly pax to a hopefully non gingerly police. :ok: :D
if we would do all like this, i am shure the number of unruly pax would diminish with immediate effect.
let this unruly pax (and all future one's) rot in jail for a good while

singpilot
27th Sep 2009, 22:26
Wait until these three pax get the bill for the divert and the fuel dump. Hopefully, it will be part of their restitution order when they get released from prison.