PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines Foreign Pilot Assaulted

DarrylsOtherBrother
25th Sep 2009, 16:30
Ho Chi Mihn City, Vietnam
September 24, 2009

Thursday evening, while riding his motorbike to his home in Ho Chi Mihn City, an American Pilot working for Vietnam Airlines, and his female companion, were run down by a car driven by a drunk driver and occupied by several other Vietnamese males.

Immediately following the accident, the American Pilot and his female friend were viciously attacked by the occupants of the vehicle. The attack caused serious injury to the American pilot and his female companion.

The injured pilot will have surgery immediately to repair broken bones and severe lacerations. The attack happen in front of Vietnam airlines head quarters while the airline security staffs watched and did not help.

The attackers were 3 male Vietnamese. 2 are Vietnam Airlines employees, including 1 Vietnamese pilot. When the attacker realized that they were attacking and beating a foreign pilot, they stopped and then offered assistance to him and his companion who they had already injured. sadly, by that time serious injury had already been done. A while later, the local police arrived.

As regular passenger on Vietnam Airlines, how can we feel safe flying on an airplane flown by such violent and irresponsible Vietnamese pilots? How can the forgien pilot feel working along side someone who would attack them at any moment?

As a woman, how can we feel safe on a Vietnam airlines flight knowing the pilots could be the same ones who visciously attacked the innocent female companion?

DownIn3Green
25th Sep 2009, 17:54
For ex-pats overseas although not normal, it can happen...where's your source for your post...sounds like maybe you have an agenda...

Adrian Cronauer
26th Sep 2009, 02:00
Don't know about the shiela's source mate, but no furphey here. Bloody oath, seen the damage.

What these mongrels did to the poor chap and his mate in unexcusable. Mob of shonky bloody monkeys they are.

angelgabriel
26th Sep 2009, 03:31
Hi Guys,

Who told you the story? Did you see the accident? Don't know what happened but for sure there will be many many versions.

Lets not over react and ask the pilot what happened.:=

TWN PPL
26th Sep 2009, 05:48
Violent assault was made. The pilot is in need of medical treatment!
What kind of version do you need? Are you implying that maybe the expat provoke the attack? One on a motobike with a girl and few guys in an automobile.
Remind me of the F Street episode in ANC. Pilot was assaulted by the staff there. But, some pilots still choose to frequent the bar.

If physical assault was made... that's all i need to know

UALSIC
26th Sep 2009, 13:38
Wonder what Rishworth will do?

Wish we knew who it was who assaulted him..........:mad:

Dream Land
26th Sep 2009, 14:34
Let's not forget the good Samaritan Vietnamese pilot that recognized one of the expats laying in the streets recently after being in a moto wreck.

He brought the pilot back to the the company office and calls were made to friends to assist. :ok:

UALSIC
26th Sep 2009, 15:02
Absolutely............

The vast majority of locals are good - like any country.
It just seems like the bad apples have a more sour taste - in other words - same same but different :ok:

JotaJota
26th Sep 2009, 15:06
No shiat... (wassent u Kiwi?) Sure hope not!!!

And now throw em Fuggers in jail! :ok:

Duh
26th Sep 2009, 16:07
Sounds like a hoax. To bad the source was not named. Newspaper, TV, radio etc etc..............

UALSIC
27th Sep 2009, 02:04
This is NOT a hoax DUH........ :=

EX BLUE STORK
27th Sep 2009, 04:04
Well why don't you ask DREAMLAND for the facts,as it was him who took the hit.

johnnyringo422
27th Sep 2009, 12:28
story is just too convenient... In front of the VAC headquarters..Done by a VAC pilot..Victim is an Expat.. Too convenient, there is some mystery to this story - I don't buy it, this is really a Rumour Network..

jumpdrive
27th Sep 2009, 16:42
real f#^$ up for the 1st off. on training for P1 on ATR :ok:
how drunk u must be to get into a rumble INSIDE 919 :}
hahahahaha
that'll teach him a lesson :{

or maybe like all the BS that goes on inside this airline
when the mistake or f%$# up is done by a local
most likely nothing will happen to him/or them
the guy in roster involved was today @ crew tracking like nothing went on :D
smoking his joint & watching the football game on the tv

and damn.....hitting a lady ...........poor bastards:mad:

zakkwah
6th Oct 2009, 01:43
This just tells you a bit about the real vietnamese people. Not only they attack a woman, but the attack in group (very manly!). They are such cowards that they do it this way, no way they'll do it one-on one. That's them. It's normal, double faced. What can you expect from people who leave large nails just to show they are not farm-workers?, or bring a complete family of 4 or 5 all in a motor-bike where everybody wears a helmet BUT the 2 year-old kid because it prevents the brain to grow?...COME ON!!...they are still MONKEYS!. Nothing will happen here, the expat most likely will get kicked out....but the local pilot....mild punishment..but he'll keep on flying...since they have "life-time" contract with VAC. I'm open for more discussion, thks!

mach 84
6th Oct 2009, 09:24
as a pilot you might have a higher qualification, but in reality as a contract pilot you are in the same level as a indonesian maid in singapore, pakistani worker in the emirates, north african in france......................

anthony.andora61
6th Oct 2009, 10:49
"as a pilot you might have a higher qualification, but in reality as a contract pilot you are in the same level as a indonesian maid in singapore, pakistani worker in the emirates, north african in france......................"

I can not believe you are justifying such act... :=

zakkwah
6th Oct 2009, 14:31
Excuse me Anthony.Andora........and you are working in?

zakkwah
6th Oct 2009, 14:33
Sorry.....my question was for Mach84.....sorry Anthony.

Cheers!.

mach 84
6th Oct 2009, 16:31
working where ever the money is good! :}

zakkwah
7th Oct 2009, 03:22
OK, so that means your are also NOT in your country, huh?

mach 84
7th Oct 2009, 05:16
no i am not.
to clarify it once more, the meaning of flying as a contract pilot in asia, middle east, africa........... is that you are foreign workforce, going to be made redundant, as soon as locals can take your position or the company is downsizing like in singapore.
same with upgradings, you could be the most qualified and experienced f/o on your fleet, if there is any local much less qualified than you but having the required hours for upgrading, he will bypass you.
if you have troubles like mentioned in this thread you are going to be the looser in the majority of cases.
if you like it or not, that's the reality:(:(:(:(:(

JotaJota
7th Oct 2009, 05:56
Mach, I've been following this thread with a bit of interest. I can sense some anger and displeasure here. You might have some good points, but generalizing ALL contract jobs is NOT an accurate way to approach this subject. Having several friends working in Japan, the ME and Asia, I will have to say that most are "fairly" happy. And definitely happier than at the previous employers. After all it depends on the country, the agency and the airline itself. But also on how YOU as a pilot conduct yourself.

as a pilot you might have a higher qualification, but in reality as a contract pilot you are in the same level as a indonesian maid in singapore, pakistani worker in the emirates, north african in france...................... To me this is the most bizarre statement I have ever read. Coming from a legacy carrier to were I am at now is like finding out that you are a descendant of a king and did not know it. Royalty baby! There is NO comparison, NONE whatsoever on how we are treated here by management, co-workers, paxs and even locals. I could list specifics but... Oh well....

From being just another Bus driver, treated like crap starting from the TSA, most F\A's, MX personnel, and specially upper management, to being the Commander of the AC. Respect and admiration is only the beginning. But like I said, it must start with YOU acting and behaving like one. And also being at the right place with the right attitude! :ok:

Peace!

jumpdrive
8th Oct 2009, 06:53
i gotta give a bit of credit to the phrase/statement of mach
in many ways...........if not all
we are ALL...... an undesirable need
thats it
like in singapore, japan , many places & now also look in india
theyre saying little by little good bye to the expat force
just keeping what they really need (TRE's & TRI's) for a while

im here like a vast mayority of the guys here
for the money.............& the number of days off etc. etc.
nothing else................
no one will tell you that they truly love this garbage dump
well.............maybe a few bunch REALLY loves it here

but coping with the ones that run this circus
Little dwarfs thinking they're "giants"

ask the guys with the latest Fu&^ ups
on the 777 for example last week
nothing will hapen to them.........
if an expat does that ...........well
Torquemada & his inquisition will wait for you big time

they dont take into consideration expats at all
thay have they regular meetings without calling any foreign
whats the excuse?..........lack of english by the locals
& the meeting is held in vietnamese................:ugh:

so pls get real..............some of you
if not about the money you come here
well ok ill give it 2 you..............the chicks are fine
good excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ok:

swish266
8th Oct 2009, 14:24
Not the first g/f that got it from the gooks...
One of our TRE's g/f was dragged for several meters by her gold chain way back in 1996. The assailants were on a bike and they tried to snatch the gold on the go. Fortunately or maybe not so (because her neck was severely bruised) the f$$ks didn't get it... This happened on the main road to the apt, not even 100 m from a police station.
Bring back the tunnel rats and the B-52s!
If you need volunteers for the B-52s - PM me pls!!!
:mad:

P.S. I can't fit in the tunnels, sorry. Been there...

kontur
1st Nov 2009, 23:43
I would like to bring to your attention another version of the story, heard from Vietnamese pilot.
“There were some water patches on the road after rain while the expat guy was driving his motorbike. The car splashed water on him when passed by. This irritated that guy and he started honking, gesturing and dangerous maneuvering near the car. Eventually they collided. The American guy came up to the car and kicked the driver`s door. When he saw 3 men getting off the car he fled to the crew division. The Vietnamese FO followed him (he had already realized that the motorbike driver was one of the pilots), the other two guys left at the accident scene and came later. FO tried to start talking to the expat pilot but he smashed FO twice into his face and even knocked him down…”
…Everybody knows the finish of the story…
I`m very sorry for what happened to the American guy and I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.