PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket!?

PPRuNe Pop
25th Sep 2009, 16:29
I am getting very fedup with the slowness of Pb. Everytime I try to open an album it doesn't - anyone else having this problem? I even tried to re-join with cleared cookies but that was still wowingly slow too.

Or should I change to another host. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PPP

Saab Dastard
25th Sep 2009, 16:34
No problems here!

Maybe you have got a large number of albums and / or a large number of photos per album? I don't, and it is very quick to open and access for me.

SD

green granite
25th Sep 2009, 17:03
My photbucket album pages open in about 6secs which is acceptable for me.

Why use that "photobucket" bull**** at all??

Because it works, has very little down time, it's free, it has editing and resizing facilities etc. If you wish to waste your money that's your affair, some of us has better things to do with our pensions.

cessnapuppy
25th Sep 2009, 22:13
good lord, its only a pint of beer/month! lol

and of course, there's a lot more you could be doing with it as well.
A private place to upload your stash..etc... a backup for your IPOD..lovely...got meself some, never looked back, pension or no

visibility3miles
25th Sep 2009, 22:35
I haven't checked their rules lately, but photobucket used to have a tight limit on the amount of bandwidth you could use per day.

If you posted a link to an interesting picture (say, here), they'd block access after approximately ten views a day depending on the size of the picture.

They didn't want to provide easy widespread access to your photos, as that takes server time. Servers and bandwidth cost money.

BEagle
26th Sep 2009, 16:22
I've noticed more and more unwanted 'new features' plaguing photobucket of late.

It used to be quite quick and straightforward; it can nowadays be an utter PITA.

PPRuNe Pop
28th Sep 2009, 07:45
THAT! Is what I meant BEags.

I have got in twice since my post but only once been able to access my albums - then I was unable to edit, move or do anything else.

It is so slow as to be unusuable.