PDA

View Full Version : Credit Crunch / Lustre Clustrer grabber

Double Zero
25th Sep 2009, 16:10
Bearing in mind the above heading, doesn't the idea of 3 X CVS with Harrier 2+ complete with AMRAAM hold a certain appeal ?!

Finnpog
25th Sep 2009, 16:18
Sounds like an outbreak of common sense.

Steady on there, Old Man.:=:E

pr00ne
25th Sep 2009, 17:56
DoubleNuts,

To do what? Where?

Something to really help the folk deployed in Afghanistan??????????

BootFlap
25th Sep 2009, 19:23
Sounds like great idea, but I might be able to offer something even better.

As we (JFH) have been in the Stan for the last 5 years, how about we leave the jets at home for a little 3rd line servicing?

As we are leaving the jets at home, we could offer some of the spare space on your proposed (secondhand?) CVS to the lads who have been in Helmand from the (add regiment name here) for a little R&R?

As there will be no jets, the runway (sorry, flightdeck) would be under utilised but we'd be short of beds (sorry, bunks) so a few rooms and a big bath would be useful (sorry, cabins and heads).

As we already have established that the Queen Elizabeth is an excellent name for a boat (sorry, ship) but this would be an additional buy perhaps we could call one of them the 2nd Queen Elizabeth (although it doesn't have a great ring to it).

As we (as the UK) are a bit short of cash, but my local council keeps sending me unwanted brochures espousing the excellence of recycling, maybe we could use a ship with a long history, with plenty of rooms for R&R, a pool, and a proud history of delivering fighting forces to foreign lands, with an appropriate name.

Maybe we could get back the QE2, fill it full of Paras, Welsh, Irish and Scots Guards, Marines, Riflemen, Anglians, etc and the odd Crab (someone needs to run the bar at a profit!), and have a little run ashore somewhere 'down South'. Add a couple of Geordie boirds to lead from the front and we can sort a whole load of s@hit out at once.

Who's with me?

(And yes, I know! But it is Friday (hic!))

Double Zero
27th Sep 2009, 05:30
Re. CVS & Harrier 2+, I should have mentioned Brimstone & GAU-12 ( along with Sniper etc of course ).