PDA

View Full Version : RT Practical day course in the South

PilotPieces
24th Sep 2009, 23:01
Anyone know of someone running these type courses in the South of England, preferably around the Surrey/Hampshire area?

Looking to sharpen my RT, get a bit of practise in and take the test.

Cheers

tangovictor
24th Sep 2009, 23:47
Oxford aviation, do a very good DVD on RT, easy to follow / replay passed my RT first time after using it

Roffa
25th Sep 2009, 07:25
Try contacting your local examiners (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/20090629RT%20Examiners%202009%20_2_.pdf) and see if they can do anything or offer a suggestion. The one on the list that I know personally teaches as well as examines.

Miles Magister
25th Sep 2009, 10:09
I did a good Garmin course with these CamFlight - Advanced Avionics and Recurrent Flight Training - Welcome to CamFlight (http://www.camflight.com) guys. I believe they do good development courses for those who already have licences as well as ab initio R/T courses.

Regards

MM

Molesworth 1
26th Sep 2009, 10:05
I also did my RT training and exam with Derek and it was a breeze! Training plus exam only took about 2 hours.

He points out what should be obvious but is not clear in the manuals i.e. if you are already in communication with ATC and you have a Mayday you don't need to call the station by name or give all your details as they already have them.

Really, if you are towards the end of your PPL you will already have done a lot of RT - it's really not that difficult.

PilotPieces
26th Sep 2009, 10:26
Thank you everyone for the replies.

Very useful, much appriciated :ok:

PP

dany4kin
26th Sep 2009, 21:49
Ditto on Derek, did all my exams with him and his wonderful wife.

On the day I got 100% for nav I got lost driving from his place back to my B&B.... a trip I'd already done several times! Which says a lot for his teaching if you think about it...

Money well spent with Derek.

destinationsky
15th Feb 2010, 11:22
How much does Derek charge? Thanks

Whopity
18th Feb 2010, 12:49
if you are already in communication with ATC and you have a Mayday you don't need to call the station by name or give all your details as they already have them.A Mayday call is a Mayday Call; you have to give it exactly as it is in the book, regardless of who you are talking too - they may not be the ones who hear it! That is the underlying purpose of the test!