PDA

View Full Version : CFS=ROS?

flytrap
24th Sep 2009, 16:41
Sorry to be uncontroversial, just a quickie. Does time with CFS count against one's return of service, or is the clock stopped, so to speak?

FT

Pontius Navigator
24th Sep 2009, 18:38
Your question begs a lot of questions.

Are you a creamie?

Duncan D'Sorderlee
24th Sep 2009, 19:30
CFS has its own ROS! They (ROS) run concurrently.

Duncs:ok:

5 Forward 6 Back
24th Sep 2009, 21:16
If the answer to Pontius' question is yes, then completion of CFS (i.e. award of a B2 cat) adds an extra 3 years to your required RoS, normally.

If you're doing a CFS job for a second tour then I'm not 100% sure, but I think that your time on the CFS course is still eating up your original RoS, so the clock doesn't stop. But it does leap back 3 years if you finish the course!

Miles Magister
25th Sep 2009, 12:02
Although it was a long time ago, I got a written statememt that I did not need to complete the 3 years ROS and that my option which was due in 2 years time still stood.

Everything is negotiable if you feel you can trust a poster's promise!

MM

Tartan Stazi
25th Sep 2009, 13:46
Flytrap

CFS training incurs a 36 month TRoS. If you have an outstanding TRoS (such as initial OCU) it will run concurrently. If you have previously held a cfs qual it does not apply. Tri-Service RoS regs apply; chat to you career manager. :)

ProfessionalStudent
25th Sep 2009, 15:37
Tartan Stazi

Where did you get your info from? I'd be interested in being able to pin down the rules about holding a previous CFS qualification.

Tartan Stazi
26th Sep 2009, 07:03
PS,

Check PMs

TS

Duncan D'Sorderlee
26th Sep 2009, 10:03
PS,

The gist with the previous cfs qual is that your next course will be a refresher. This carries no ROS.

It is all in AP3392 and a DIN (the number of which I have forgot)

Duncs:ok:

flytrap
27th Sep 2009, 18:47
Cheers Tartan (and everyone else), that clears things up. End of first tour, with a grand total of two not particularly juicy options for the next one. The RAF is full, dammit! Just weighing up the pros and cons.

'Trap.:ok: