PDA

View Full Version : GCAA Type minimums

ausflyer
24th Sep 2009, 16:10
For those of us that aspire to operate in and around the Emirate(s), what are the A/C minimum hours on type considered necessary to get a GCAA validation based on foreign licences/certificates? Looking for feedback on types of less than 5700kg. Eg, C550, B100/200, C441, AC650. Is there a mandated minimum hour on type required before the GCAA will look at an application?
Cheers,
Aus:ok:

sharksucker
24th Sep 2009, 20:36
I know of one guy getting a gig on a B-732 with 250 hrs TT and another one with similar time getting a job on a HS-125 here in UAE.
That's been a few years ago, but dont think anything has changed so far.
But to my knowledge you can only get a validation through an operator, a private person cant get a validation on a CPL or ATPL. What's new: Validation are only issued by GCAA after obtaining your residence visa.
So I believe it does'nt depend on GCAA, it depends on your employer, how many hours you will need.

ausflyer
25th Sep 2009, 13:10
Hey Shark'
Appreciated.
Aus':ok:

thedude1
28th Sep 2009, 13:35
Validation are only issued by GCAA after obtaining your residence visa

Not exactly correct. I had a letter of validation about 5 months before I had the residence visa. They will not issuse the permanent certificate until you have a visa.

To my knowledge, you do no need to have any time in type for license validation. I had Zero time in type and it was not an issue but then again my/our training was done in the States by a GCAA approved school and instructors.

ausflyer
28th Sep 2009, 14:15
Hey Dude,

Thank you,

Aus':ok: