PDA

View Full Version : Cabair Assessment

Adimondo
24th Sep 2009, 13:59
Dear gents,

I’m looking for information concerning the Pilot Aptitude Assessment for the integrated ATPL course at Cabair. There are 2 aptitude assessment providers at the moment: the Compass Test from EPST (European Pilont Selection Test which comprises Eye-Hand-Foot-Coordination, Slalom, Numeracy, Memory, Orientation and Multitasking) and the Pilapt Test from PILAPT(which comprises Deviation Indicator, Trax, Hands, Patterns, Concentration and Capacity).

According to Cabair’s website they use the Compass Test from EPST. On the other hand, reading this forum I found out that they use the Pilapt Test. Now I’m pretty confused. By the way, the maths & physics pages on Cabair’s website cannot be downloaded. Could someone shed some light on this matter?

Questions concerning the Pilapt Test:

1. Deviation Indicator – are you asked to fly into the needle? That is, when the needle deflects to the right you have to move the joystick to the right in order to center. Or do you have to move the joystick to the left (normal case)?

2. Which software/literature could be recommended to train Patterns or Trax apart from Cockpitweb?

Thank you very much for contributions and wish you all the best for all who passed the plague of aptitude assessments!

Adimondo
25th Sep 2009, 21:57
Thanks mate, it became more clear what to expect. I'm training with Cockpitweb, although there's no "Patterns" to exercise with. Any suggestions?

Good luck!