PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air new hires on hold

socal320pilot
21st Sep 2009, 18:02
Korean Air did not start new hire classes in September or October as they planned to...Apparently there is a conflict between the Korean Ministry of Transport and Korean Air management regarding foreign pilots. Or maybe even the Korean pilots union has told the company they've hired enough foreign pilots...

There are pilots that were non type rated at the time of their interviews, told they were hired, paid for type ratings and are now on hold...

Does any know what's up and when they'll start new hire classes again?

Cheers,
SoCal

fourgolds
22nd Sep 2009, 05:19
Can anyone else confirm this. No offence to the poster but all the agencies are still advertising for crew. Unless this is hot off the press.
Anyone out there shed some more light.

haughtney1
22nd Sep 2009, 11:41
How about contacting the agencies?

blues deville
23rd Sep 2009, 00:51
My recruiter called me this week to advise my 777 g/s course at KAL has been put on hold until further notice. Was scheduled to start Nov 4th.

Not happy....

oceancrosser69
23rd Sep 2009, 20:41
I have a job offer by KAL for NTR B777. According my agency the dates of the next courses will be settled down latest by november, so lets see and wait.... So I will go for my typerating now and then sit down and hope....

blues deville
29th Sep 2009, 03:44
Some good news just received from my recruiter says November ground schools at Korean will start as planned.:D

blues deville :cool:

tcasguy
4th Oct 2009, 11:20
Just looking for any updates. Still no news on the October Interview names. Has anyone else heard?

Thanks and Fly Safe!

TG

blues deville
4th Oct 2009, 18:58
They do seem to wait until the very last minute to advise potential candidates of their interview dates so hang in there. Good luck! :ok:

blues deville :cool:

readme
8th Oct 2009, 21:42
anyone who got called for interview as fo on B737...Apparently they start in November as my agency sai (For B737), but still not confirmed by then.
Do u jave info guys???/Girls???:rolleyes:

NG_Kaptain
9th Oct 2009, 21:01
Who are the best agencies, I know I should do due diligence, that it is what Im doing now. My current gig is very good, but I would really like to be home and commute.

Thanks

Duh
10th Oct 2009, 15:13
Rishworth is the worst.(my opinion!)

extreme P
10th Oct 2009, 19:12
Who are the best agencies

CCL or GAP are generally regarded as the best.

gengis
11th Oct 2009, 03:32
Rishworth is the worst.(my opinion!)

Nope - BEST is "worst". Followed very closely by IAC.

CCL or GAP are generally regarded as the best.

Yep, that's right.

2nd tier is Euro-Pacific & Rishworth.

FlyingCroc
15th Oct 2009, 11:30
Did any of you guys have a start date yet? They still advertise for Direct entry jobs on the B777. News from the KAL management?

kk pilot
15th Oct 2009, 13:22
Nov 4th class is back on

priority-left
15th Oct 2009, 17:54
do they let you stay checked into the hotel even if you are on overnights

extreme P
15th Oct 2009, 19:39
No, you checkout every time you go to work.

priority-left
15th Oct 2009, 19:56
thanks for the info E
are there any alternatives to this

B737NG
19th Oct 2009, 22:19
No alternatives, You fly You clear the room and pack all in a suitcase. You come back and then you unpack again. That is the Deal.....

The hiring from the Agents continue until some more are in the Data-bank again. The local Pilots are not happy about it, as several times in the past. I would say it is a high risk at the moment to leave a stable Job and go for it to learn it the hard way. Too many good Guy´s where toastet in the past like peanuts get roastet. Have a plan "B" from the very first moment you start.

They are nice during the Interview and when you wear the Batch you will hear words like: We do not care about this or that, talk to your Agent. Your Agent will do nothing to harm the climate between KAL and himself.

There was once a Agency who had +70 Pilots in KAL and he is now down to less then 10 Guys and between the lines you can learn that those are History when the contract is due for renewal. So, both sink: Agent and Pilot.... be warned, be careful, be cautious.....Think twice what you want to achieve and how.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

F

jrwhitehat
20th Oct 2009, 00:03
This thread seems to have a very short history or much of it has been deleted.

At the moment those flying at KAL see this not a good position? Is that what I am reading. In the past there seemd to be many pilots that may a go of it. It was tough but bearable. Have things changed?

Thanks

Brave heart
24th Oct 2009, 20:57
Hyatt (ICN) staff is really friendly. You can leave behind up to 4 bags in storage, bell boy will collect them and bring them back on your next check in. You retain the room for daily flights and for the "red eye specials"...
Good luck!

EGCC4284
25th Oct 2009, 01:42
The following add keeps appearing in Flight International

Job Role: Flight Crew
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Position: Contract
Company: Rishworth Aviation
Salary:
Job reference: 972
Posted Date: 23 October 2009 02:37:43
REF 972: B737 NG First Officers - Korean Air

Duration: 5 years (renewable)

Base: Commuting

Start: Ongoing screenings throughout 2009

Type: B737-600/700/800/900

Experience:
NON TYPE RATED FIRST OFFICER must have:
500+ FO hours on B737 300-500,
1000+ airline transport hours,
Flown on B737 300-500 within 3 months,
Under 45 years of age at date of screening,
First Officers must hold a College or University Degree/Diploma (minimum 2 year course)
*Note: Must be willing to arrange and pay for your own B737NG FO type rating if successful at a screening, before starting on contract with KAL. We can help with the arrangements. However, you will need to make payment directly to your chosen sim centre.

B737NG TYPE RATED FIRST OFFICERS must have:
300 + FO hours on B737NG,
1,000 + total airline transport hours,
Flown on B737NG within the last 12 months,
Under 45 years of age at date of screening,
First Officers must hold a College or University Degree/Diploma (minimum 2 year course)

PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET ALL THE CRITERIA TO APPLY AS EITHER A TYPE RATED OR NON TYPE RATED FIRST OFFICER.

My question is this. Why First Officers must hold a College or University Degree/Diploma (minimum 2 year course)???????

I have the rating and I have the hours????? and I dont mind commuting

Can anyone please please PM me with contact details for the good agencies that supply KAL or anyone else decent in Asia

I am 42 years old and have 1500 hours total and 1100 of them are on 737-300 Classic and 737-800NG. I think I am going to be made redundant next April and now doing some home work.

Regards Rob

woldo
25th Oct 2009, 09:36
just for info who is waiting for a class room.
I got a call last week for a class room B777 on the 2nd Dec.
It seems everything went back to normal.
Good luck to everybody :ok: