PDA

View Full Version : CPL test expiry period?

Wonga
21st Sep 2009, 17:43
Does anyone know how long a CPL test remains valid for the purpose of license issue?

I passed my CPL in May but still have 20 hours to fly before I can hit the CPL requirement for issue.

I checked with Lasors and there is line which says the CPL test if valid for 12 months for the purpose of issue however a couple of people have suggested it might only be 6 months and now I'm not so confident.

I'll be calling the CAA tomorrow but if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Blueskyrich
21st Sep 2009, 17:57
I'm ready to stand corrected, but I think the 6 month rule is regarding the MEP rating that many people do as part of the CPL course.

From scanning LASORS, it appears that both the CPL and IR skills test have a validity of 12 months for issue, whilst the MEP is good for 6 months.

Wonga
21st Sep 2009, 18:12
Thanks, I've only done the SEP CPL test no multi but that might explain where people were giving my the 6 month figure from. I find it funny that Lasors has all the legal information yet I still can't trust it. Phone call to the CAA tomorrow to be on the safe side.

profot
22nd Sep 2009, 10:20
If you email the CAA they wouldn't be able to argue the case further down the line as you would have their response in writing. With a phone call they could always change the goalposts.

much4
5th Oct 2009, 19:28
hi : in ICAO we have 1 year validity for PPL & CPL exams . so dear friend i think u have enough time for chek ride , but dont hesitate for remained 20 hours of your fly . dont act like me ,, fly a soon as possible and let me know about your further achivements
Fly people Fly( scorpions )
Ali from IRAN