PDA

View Full Version : cost sharing trip Shobdon to Helitech and back

biggles99
20th Sep 2009, 17:26
Calling all R22 pilots,

There are two R22s heading to Helitech from Droitwich and/or SHobdon on Tuesday morning.

One is returning the same day to Shobdon and the other is returning Wednesday evening (or Thursday if convenient to all)

If you want to come with us (on any of the legs), log the time and contribute to costs, you will be most welcome.

Please send me a PM.

Many thanks

Big Ls.

Hughes500
21st Sep 2009, 07:15
Biggles

Be careful according to The CAA you are not allowed to advertise for cost sharing trips unless within a club. You never know who is looking at these forums

H500

biggles99
21st Sep 2009, 07:57
Hello H500, and thank you for the advice.

Isn't this all about the spirit of the law? I've read the relevant sections and also the leaflet the CAA has sent out.

If I put an ad in the Daily Mail (bound to be read by lots of CAA bods) for any random person to come on a cost-sharing flight then I take your point.

Posting a thread on a Pilot's forum that you have to opt-into, offering other fully signed up, qualified, current, type-rated pilots the opportunity to share costs and fly with other qualified, current, type-rated pilots is exactly what (I hope) is intended.

The more often pilots fly, the safer they should become, and the more often pilots fly, the stronger the UK flight industry will become. By flying with other pilots, as opposed to on your own, you'll be able to learn from each other.

But thank you for the advice - I'll seek clarification anyway.

Big Ls.

PS. did you know that there are over 120,000 posts on this thread that relate primarily to fixed-wing cost share? So I'm not alone in trying to encourage cheaper, safer flying!

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/142667-spare-seats-available.html

md 600 driver
21st Sep 2009, 11:02
are we not a club??

Hughes500
21st Sep 2009, 16:49
Yes we are a club, but there will be CAA bods at Duxford so just be careful !!!!