PDA

View Full Version : Bell 214ST sling operations

Bell214B
19th Sep 2009, 10:02
I have seen a few videos on youtube of a 214ST doing sling operations in Canada. Does any of you know who is the operator?
I would like to get in contact with this people.
Also I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with sling operations with the ST.

R.OCKAPE
19th Sep 2009, 11:16
Helicopter Transport Services

here
(http://www.htshelicopters.com/aircraft/)

widgeon
19th Sep 2009, 14:18
Interesting the ratio of lift capacity to empty weight , does the skycrane do better than the Mil ?.

Sikorsky rules:-19,500 EW , 25.000 load fuel 1,800 litre per hour
Mil 26T :-62,170 EW , 44,000 load. Fuel 3,000 Litre Per Hour

Rotary Wing (http://www.airbornesolutions.com/AircraftFleet/RotaryWing/tabid/82/Default.aspx)

Chopper76
19th Sep 2009, 15:42
Two of them on the West Coast the largest is Trans-West Helicopters out of Chilliwack BC and Black Tusk out of Squamish BC. Both are on the Web. They are used most of the time for logging and fire support. The captains are very high-time long line drivers and the Co-pilots are usually 100hr pilots looking to get some experience (on how to keep their food in there stomach and not on the dash or captains lap:oh:)

R.OCKAPE
19th Sep 2009, 16:14
Two of them on the West Coast the largest is Trans-West Helicopters out of Chilliwack BC and Black Tusk out of Squamish BCI think the OP wants information specific to the ST

newfieboy
19th Sep 2009, 17:01
Bell214

Try the Vertical forums, look up Jacdor, and maybe pm him. He;s one of the main ST drvers at HTS real nice and helpful guy. Should be able to give you all the info you require.:ok:

Bell214B
19th Sep 2009, 20:46
Thanks guys. I know some of the people from Transwest. Have been working with them in Australia and they are doing our engines. Nice people.
There is an ST coming up for sale here in Norway in a few months and we are thinking of buying it. According to the "papers" it can lift a little bit more than the 214B and its a twin meaning that it can be used in "populated" areas. So I'm loooking for some opinions if its a good idea bying an ST or if the 214B is just as good.