PDA

View Full Version : Stats

Arik
19th Sep 2009, 07:55
Anyone on here able to help me please?

Would you know where to find statistics concerning aviation in Africa? I'm thinking in regards to all fields of aviation, not just pilots; statistics in regard to salaries vs. Mid East/Asia, training centres in Africa etc etc.

I've already contacted ICAO Montreal but not got too far.

Thanks

Arik

Maurice Chavez
19th Sep 2009, 10:50
Typical answer for "the all knowing suitcase man". :*

To get back to your question, maybe what you should do if you want to find statistics on african aviation, is to contact AFRAA (http://www.afraa.org/) or attend one of the AFRAA meetings. Hope that helps...

Arik
19th Sep 2009, 15:38
OK, I'll come clean, I would like some stats behind an article I'm doing on training but getting stats to back my argument for African Aviation is proving difficult!!! I've been down the 'usual' roads in terms of aviation organisations but nothing's forthcoming, stats are elusive but I thought someone on here might know something more!

For the average man on the street in Africa, it's difficult to get aviation training without a lot of money in his back pocket/family. There's little/no sponsorship to become trained and few training centres ...

Once trained, if he's offered 10,000US elsewhere, then he'll probably leave home & his job of 4,500US (pilots I'm thinking about at the moment, but it's similar financial ratios with ATC's too)

Any help, very gratefully received - I'd like to see Africa move forward!

Arik

non iron
19th Sep 2009, 21:45
Arik,

suitcaseman is spot on.

Beware of imitation. The best advice you will get Sir.

Arik
20th Sep 2009, 17:54
Thanks Andrew, you're a star!

You'll be flying soon I hope!

Arik