PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines Baggage Heathrow

TimGriff6
18th Sep 2009, 14:42
I have been trying to contact AA baggage at LHR for a week now with a problem. They have an answer phone on and don't reply to messages left on it. Does anyone have a direct line telephone number for senior AA management in London?

Newforest2
18th Sep 2009, 16:21
No, and I hope I don't need one when I fly there in less than two weeks! It would probably help if you gave us the phone number that is useless so we could look for an alternative.:)

Newforest2
18th Sep 2009, 16:47
Below is an extract from another forum this year, looks as though customer relations are well down the list of priorities for AA!:ugh:

Couldn't remember if I ever drew a line under this thread. I have to say that AA make it VERY difficult to complain - you can only write or fax them, no emails or phone call complaints - how convenient http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif. Even more convenient was that the fax machine doesn't answer that often!

Read more: American Airlines - LHR>RDU - Lost Bags - advise needed!! - Travel - airfare, hotels, car rental... - Page 2 - City-Data Forum (http://www.city-data.com/forum/travel/532376-american-airlines-lhr-rdu-lost-bags-2.html#ixzz0RTesQjJW)

TimGriff6
18th Sep 2009, 23:36
Thanks for confimation of the bad news - AA baggage at Heathrow finally called me back on Friday afternoon after the sixth message but couldn't find the lost item. I had sent a fax to Fort Worth earlier but don't expect that had anything to do with it.

Their published number is 0208 750 1035
They called me back from 0208 750 1000

VS-LHRCSA
19th Sep 2009, 00:18
Might be a bit late in this instance but British Airways might have been able to help as they have an agreement with OneWorld carriers to handle their complaints in the UK. I've taken on a lot of cases where the passengers are at the end of their tether with the likes of Iberia or Cathay Pacific.

TimGriff6
19th Sep 2009, 07:47
Thanks also for that information - it could still be useful. I guess that the lack of publicizing of that route of taking a complaint means it could be quite successful.