PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Flight Centre

Danbish
18th Sep 2009, 12:54
Hi, I'm considering training at BFC, but has anyone got any feedback for me on the school considering CPL IR/ME.
Many thanks,:ok:

Parson
18th Sep 2009, 13:45
They are now Bristol Aviation, but much the same set up. Though I believe you can still find a BFC website on the net, which may not have the latest info.

Aerouk
18th Sep 2009, 14:07
Use the search tool, you'll find loads of info on them.

Snowiey
18th Sep 2009, 15:27
I trained with Bristol Aviation/Flying Centre (whatever it is now!) last Autumn. Everyone who was training at the same time as myself seemed very happy with the courses we all completed (MEP/MEIR/CPL). There are cheaper places you can go, but I really wanted to do the courses from a 'proper' airport and get very comfortable within that environment.
I found Bristol to have friendly, helpful and professional staff at all levels. The training aircraft were always fixed promptly by the onsite engineering dept. when senecas/arrows went tech.
One of my other reasons for choosing Bristol was that I wanted to master handling a more traditional aircraft (Seneca); Before moving onto the more modern glass cockpit aircraft that some schools use for the MEIR (such as the Diamond). That was just my view, buts its a personal choice.
Bristol Airport suffers from the fog quite a bit through the winter which can slow your CPL down, but generally thats life in the UK/Northern Europe during the time of year we are now approaching!
All in all I felt I made the right choice with the school and I really enjoyed my time there. Shame about the timing!!!:ugh:
Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Best Wishes.

BHenderson
19th Sep 2009, 15:59
Current student. First time IR pass. Very professional. Excellent facility. Airport on a high ridge so not the best airport for visual flying. Low ground close by though. Perfect for the IR - test centre on site. Good ATC.