PDA

View Full Version : ASL NZ

toolowtoofast
18th Sep 2009, 09:01
Heads up if you're sitting multiple exams in a short period of time:

You sit and fail an exam, then pay the $$ for a review. Impatiently you can't wait for the review result so resit the exam but unfortunately re-fail it.

The review then comes back, showing a pass! Yay!

Unfortunately, the 2nd exam result is the one that is issued :(

No amount of pleading with ASL will show the reviewed result on your results page.

tmpffisch
18th Sep 2009, 09:10
Don't you know the house always wins?

Lindstrim
20th Sep 2009, 03:32
Yea pleading with ASL dosent work with exams.
I know of arround 4-6 people in my course who for one KDR got an entire section wrong just from one question in an exam.

ZK-NSN
20th Sep 2009, 03:57
Soul-less bunch of money hungry nazis.

remoak
20th Sep 2009, 05:31
Well ok yes they can be a bunch of prats... but on the other hand, they are just doing what any other exam system does, or for that matter any flight testing system. If your most recent attempt reveals a lack of knowledge or skill, you fail, same everywhere.

Part of the problem is the idea that exams are just a meaningless hurdle you have to jump in order to get the ticket. I happen to think that it is a good thing that people in our profession display a high level of understanding of the basic concepts (which is all you are learning at ATPL level).

Of course it would be a whole lot more sensible if the exam syllabus reflected information that might actually have some practical purpose, but it never has, so why start now? :rolleyes: