PDA

View Full Version : Afriqiyah Airways

woofer
18th Sep 2009, 07:09
I am considering applying with Afriqiyah Airways for a Captain on the Airbus 320. Can anybody shed some light on the operation and rostering?

Thanks for any help.

Boeing 777-300ER
18th Sep 2009, 16:41
Would also appreciate any feedback from contract pilots there. Any sample rosters would be great.

woofer
22nd Sep 2009, 07:28
Any help please would be greatly appreciated

Leboeuf
24th Sep 2009, 07:45
I think recruitment has stopped (temporarly)...

AviationHopper
7th Oct 2009, 06:53
My advise is Only go there if
you have nothing nothing nothing else
you are able to hang around doing nothing all the time doing nothing and being on standby
you are able to stay in this beautiful := country 1 month in a row not being able to go home
you are able to live in the dirt
you are able to wait for the money very long
you have you own health insurance
you can wait for the visa 1hour when you return from flight to go in hotel
you can give way your passport for 1 month
you are accepting to die in car traffic accident
you are not flying overtime
you are accepting a paycut

A friend of mine told me these :D
Why do you think nobody from there answers you?

Sitting Bull
7th Oct 2009, 13:28
My advise:

STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!!!

This is the worst company in the world, totally mismanaged by absolutely incompetent and prepotent people with no respect for expatriats.

Giggey
8th Oct 2009, 16:29
Anyboy knows what's going on down there?
I know threre are 3 guys already selected which are being putted on St-by to join now as some things might have changed.
The guys have already signed the contract .....i'm one of them...

WTF???

AviationHopper
8th Oct 2009, 17:49
I can only give you second hand information, since I considered myself to go there where my friend is.
I choose not do that. Do you have a job somewhere? If yes, stay at your place. If no, go only when you
can answer all my questions in my old writing above with yes.
They have done so many sreenings, but you see, only a few people came. And some already returned after they started,
paying the 5000 EUR penalti to Brookfield.
If the pilots have a concern and they ask Brookfield for help, Brookfield just forward your email directly to them, to a
person in HumanResource. There is no discretion in between from Brookfield. They don`t care and look only for their own money.
As I understood they have at no point asking for the expats problems, just the manager was there after 1.5 months for a night
and answering nothing than yea yea yea. What I heared is that nothing was changed and everybody getting more and more frustrated
not flying and not being able to leave the country for OFF days in between which are able to be taken by the company any time.
This person in Human Resource is making a bad time for the expats, dictating the words of the contract his way, the only possible way.
Again, I did not experiece that myself, but I trust a good friend I know for years and who reported all those items.
And I made my decision not to go there, for sure and for ever. You have to do your decision but think about, why you did
not anything for long time. Middle East is opening again and I don`t want to pay 5000 EUR to be flexible, I prefer to have
my unemployment payment from social security and to jump on the other job coming up.

GSB

Giggey
8th Oct 2009, 18:04
A good friend of mine is there too, just started and he says it's not that bad overall..
I obviously understand that's a new reality and i was going to give it a chance.

Funny is that i was employed and i left a secure (even if temporary with no possible career path to consider and were i would have been discarded at the end of the contract)job in order to try to get to the right way.
It looks i didn't get it at all!!!

I know ME is opening again and i'm doing something about it believe me..
it's just so frustrating having resigned, sold a car and bought new items usefull for the new experience and from a day to an other getting an email which says well..we have no starting date for you anymore...

let's see what' next...

july66
9th Oct 2009, 23:41
If you think Tripoli is going to be like Las Vegas, get real. But it's a decent job, people in the company are very nice and professional standards are good. It's the second contract I've done for Brookfield and never had a problem there. Their rep has already been to visit and generally we are being well looked after, no matter what your friend may have told you, mr. aviation hopper - if you want to stay on social security, that's your problem.