Job Role: First Officer, Senior First Officer
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Position: Permanent
Company: Safi Airways
Salary:
Posted Date: 15 September 2009 12:18:11
Safi Airways urgently requires

B767 First officers

Safi Airways is operating from Afghanistan, UAE and Germany with plans for expansion.

Minimum requirement for FO
500 hrs on B767 and current rating
JAR ATPL or CPL/IR
Based in Kabul. Three weeks on and one week off ex Frankfurt Per month.

Please reply to Prince Antony Human Resources Manager

I've been out of work for 1 year. I'm absolutely desperate :ugh: and last year Afghanistan is the last place on earth I would apply for a job to. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm going to send my CV to this Prince Anthony dude. Are there any 767 Safi drivers out there who can let me know what I'm letting myself in for? I've googled Kabul airport and all I come across is suicide bomb attack after suicide bomb attack
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Suicide bomb hits Afghan airport (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8243200.stm)
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Kabul suicide bomb kills civilian (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7219093.stm)
Man, it sure looks dangerous. Do the crews stay near these suicide bomb attacks? How dangerous is it? What is the security like? What are the terms and conditions? How long is the training bond? Are the pilots dodgy Russians? Is it safe? Do you get combat pay? Any info appreciated.

Afinehelmet
18th Sep 2009, 14:36
Safi 767 T's and C's

Capt $6000 Basic, $300 per duty, $100 per overnight in Kabul

FO $4000 Basic, $200 per duty, $100 per overnight in Kabul

At present the only route operated by the 767 is Kabul - Frankfurt 3 times a week. However the company has just acquired another 767 (300ER I believe) and is planning on a long haul expansion.

Is Kabul safe? No

Question is, how desperate are you and is your life worth more than the above figures.

Nightfire
18th Sep 2009, 21:17
Well, that salary doesn't sound very tempting at all. Not unless you're desperate for a job, for a short while until you've found something better.
I know a guy flying the 737 for Safi; he lives in Dubai and just does some turnarounds in Afghanistan. Salary is bad, company sucks, but it's a living.
I guess that's all there is to it.

Mr Angry from Purley
19th Sep 2009, 10:38
Got a mate down there, few Brits fly from them, some ex Virgin Lagos. :\

Afinehelmet
21st Sep 2009, 09:37
All Flight Deck crew at Safi are European/North American.

They've also just received a take it or leave it contract offer which amounts to a 45% pay cut for the guys who joined the company late last year. Which means flying into a war zone is now not in any way shape or form compensated in monetary terms.

As and when the market opens up, I'd expect a large number of guys to leave.

Duh
21st Sep 2009, 10:56
Go get some stick time(recency), keep your head down and then get the hell out of there in a month or two.

highnlow
24th Sep 2009, 15:04
I know a guy flying the 737 for Safi; he lives in Dubai and just does some turnarounds in Afghanistan. Salary is bad, company sucks

The pilots are not living in Dubai. If so, they would have a Residence Visa. But I am pretty sure they don't have one. At least they did not a couple of months ago.

Some turnarounds in Afghanistan? I would think the 737 pilots spend at least 15+ nights per month in Kabul. From what can be picked up around the industry, it is more like turnarounds in both ends; hotel in Kabul and hotel in Dubai.

If the 45% paycut is true. The salary is seriously bad for operating in a war zone. This is not a company where people stay throughout their career, to put it mildly. The discription 'company sucks' is an interesting one. I wonder if that comment was written with the management in mind ;)

cantbeafoolinlove
24th Sep 2009, 17:53
Tried their office in Free zone in Dubai today. Seems like a cargo office or something but it was closed. Probably havent openend up yet after Eid Vacation!!!
CBAFIL

Coto
11th Oct 2009, 16:20
Afinehelmet.

Duty pay is per duty day? duty hour?

Thanks

Afinehelmet
13th Oct 2009, 00:12
Coto,

Flight pay is per duty day.

Hope that helps

Whenwe
13th Oct 2009, 06:05
I am flying with Safi next Monday from Dubai to Kabul. First time our company is using them to get to Kabul. (Previously via Peshawar with EK)

I have a 7 hour layover and can anyone give firsthand instructions about my luggage and checking in at Dubai. (Have been referred to the Savi website but it is not quite clear.) Coming off EK and I understnad there is no interline agreement in place with Savi. Our company operates a small fleet out of Kabul.
Comments would be appreciated.

Afinehelmet
14th Oct 2009, 21:51
Collect your bags from the arrivals at terminal 3 when you arrive with EK.

Make your way to terminal 1 (right next door) and check in at the Safi desk for your flight to Kabul. with 7 hours to make the connection you should be ok

Whenwe
15th Oct 2009, 05:09
AFH, thank you for the information.

That sounds like the best option.

Dubaian
4th Apr 2010, 10:00
I understand Safi have recently contracted with the Hyatt Galleria (4 * fully serviced apartments in Deira, Dubai) for 34 Family apartments. Mainly expecting Dutch & German crew and families. Quite a commitment for a small airline. My source also tells me they never overnight in Kabul.

169west
4th Apr 2010, 12:03
It looks like they need only FA! Any other news?

Welcome to Safi Airways - Flights from and to Afghanistan! (http://www.safiairways.aero/)

Dubaian
5th Apr 2010, 06:15
BeeBop - my source for the rental of the serviced apartments was the GM of the Hyatt. Can't see why they'd want 34 of them if they'd up'd sticks and moved to Kabul?
Same guy said that they never (intentionally) overnight an aircraft there.

Maybe someone can confirm where they run the show from now ?

homesick rae
5th Apr 2010, 08:53
Contract with the Galleria could well be due to the fact that the recent advisor to the Chairman at SAFI (ex SIA/EK) himself stayed in there and may therefore be an influence? It is much better than what they were offering before!

I believe HQ is still DXB - certainly a few weeks ago.

Cheers

HR

homesick rae
5th Apr 2010, 09:58
Quite right BeeBop - although all of their scheduling, management etc in DXB

Soap Box Cowboy
6th Apr 2010, 08:14
Anyone know where the ATR crew overnight?

Mr Angry from Purley
6th Apr 2010, 19:09
Brit friend of mine 767 Captain with Safi currently sick broken foot, shrapnel wounds, 4 hour fire fight between Hotel security and Terry taliban.

Good excuse to be sick i suppose. :\

HandoverRichard
6th Apr 2010, 20:46
I considered this job last year. I weighed up the risks and concluded " 'it' probably won't happen to me". Glad they didn't get back to me though....

....A week or two back my mate could hardly stop talking about his friend who worked for Safi. He was in the hotel in Afghanistan when a muslim exploded outside the hotel. A piece of bomb or hotel wall or something got into his leg (pilot's, not muslim's) and missed his femoral artery by enough that he's still alive, albeit with about 14 staples in his thigh and sans pilot licence.

I really feel for this guy. It could have been any of us who might justify that we need the time that badly.

Am I for real? I saw the photo.

Even if they WERE paying danger money, think about this poor guy. But wait...they're not.

bonernow
7th Apr 2010, 22:39
A v good friend of mine from a few years back works for this airline. I heard the story of what happened in the hotel in Kabul on 26th Feb (not from him I must add). I didn't believe the story so I did a google. And the images on you tube etc are quite disturbing.

So I called my friend, asked how he was etc and met up with him. He showed me some photos and gave me the entire story from his perspective. I really couldn't believe what I heard. I really hope all those caught up in this attack recover from their physical wounds and mental trauma.

My friend was quite philisophical about the whole thing. Over 20 people killed and 50 injured. Air crew running for their lives when suicide bombers are exploding inside the hotel, police/army in a gun battle outside the hotel. People receiving emergency medical treatment etc. And he was calm about that!!!

I still work for a hated Irishman. But this story put's my job into some perspective. I really hope that those that want out of this job find something.

cf680c2b
8th Apr 2010, 03:19
when a muslim exploded

You sound like tiny brain/tiny prick man.

Take your ass back to the damp hole you crawled out of and leave the middle east/middle east forum to those with little tact.

:ok: and that is not my thumb.

169west
8th Apr 2010, 06:33
... it all depends on how much they are paying, trust me!

HandoverRichard
9th Apr 2010, 19:10
CF whatever you are.

Care to explain where the hidden anger comes from? Or does the truth bother you?

Should I not let some guy, who is thinking of taking the job, be aware of the real risks that go with it?

Sure as hell wasn't a Hindu or Greenpeace activist who blew him/herself up...

captplaystation
10th Apr 2010, 08:55
Unfortunately, the truth hurts Eh ? :hmm:

They don't like it up them Capt Mainwaring

Babylon
10th Apr 2010, 09:33
Terrorism has no religion, colour or race .Thats why it is an evil to all ,and the first who are getting the brunt of it are the people of Afghanistan . Just look at the casualty figures to have an idea about the extant of it .So to label it as just Muslim killing may be correct in description but not in the sense it is actually targeted towards all and we need all Muslim to be on our side to fight it together , not alienate them with this sort of labeling . Finally you will not call the pilot who blow up 135 civilian in mazer sharif a christian pilot killing Muslim civilians !! So lets keep focus on the enemy of all and not get in to fight between us, as I presume that we all have the same fight and when its won it will be for the joy off all not the few .

cf680c2b
11th Apr 2010, 16:16
Care to explain where the hidden anger comes from? Or does the truth bother you?

There is nothing hidden about my anger, its in your face. When you enlighten us with your prose on this forum you do it anonymously standing under the flight crew banner. That is the same banner that I and many others unlike yourself stand. In short, your making us look bad boy.

So you think you have a handle on the truth, huh. Your perception of the truth is that “a Muslim exploded”. If that is truly how you see it, than please accept my apologies. I am sure my 4 year old would describe the situation in a similar manner. Its unrealistic of me to expect maturity, intellect, and articulation from all my colleagues.

Should I not let some guy, who is thinking of taking the job, be aware of the real risks that go with it?

What a stand up fella you are! To let your colleagues know about the hidden danger of an unheard off country such as Afghanistan. f@#$ck CNN and BBC and 30 years of news coverage on the topic, we have handover...

Sure as hell wasn't a Hindu or Greenpeace activist who blew him/herself up...

Hypothetically, lets say that it was a person of the Hindu religion that strapped on that bomb or it was the Greanpeace activist. Would you describe it as “ a Hindu exploded” or “a Greenpeace exploded” or would you say “a Greenpeace dude exploded”??????????????

handover.., whether you were being careless with your words or intentionally malicious, I will guarantee you one thing. No one will benefit from people perpetuating religious/racial divides, least of all you. After all, its not the Christians on you island that are putting the bread on your table, its the Muslims in the desert (according to your profile). So show all little tact, a little respect. The world much more complex than “Muslims exploding”

bonernow
12th Apr 2010, 00:43
Handover,

Very careless words indeed. May I suggest you apologise to those offended and we move on and get back to the discussion here. Which I do believe was originally about pilot recruitment for Safi, although given what some of the Safi pilots have been through recently, this thread could easily expand into the pros and cons of the safety/security issues that surround working for this airline.

Firestorm
20th Apr 2010, 09:09
Please could anyone tell me the name of the right person to address a CV to? Either a Flight Ops Director, or Chief Pilot, or HR manager as appropriate. Many thanks!

BurDubaiBob
27th Apr 2010, 13:54
In late 2001 Pentagon officials acknowledged that some of the 2,000 missiles sent to Afghan fighters during the 1980s might have fallen into the hands of Taliban or Al-Qaeda fighters.

Note of explanation to our younger readers: this situation came about due to the U.S. government providing the shoulder-fired heat-seeking missiles to Islamist fighters battling Soviet troops in Afghanistan during the 80's (how times change, eh?!.... see also (http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1057196.html) )

So aside from 'freedom fighters of a certain faith' (is that PC enough for everyone? :E ) wishing to blow themselves up all over Kabul, as I have no intention of ever leaving the environs of the airport, I'd really much rather know about the risk from surface-to-air missiles being launched in our direction during approach / take-off? Does anybody have any solid info / risk assessment on this?

Click here to see a Stinger in action (http://www.redstone.army.mil/history/asf/stinger_long.asf)

Also, could someone tell me precisely what damage was inflicted due to the (3x) missiles launched into Kabul airport on 21st March 2010?

169west
27th Apr 2010, 16:46
... you can find a couple of grail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strela_2) around KAIA, but they are not able to use them in the proper way!:}

KRUGERFLAP
29th Apr 2010, 04:07
Search Results - Flight Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/organisationvacancies/flight--safi_airways-200007224.htm)

znote6224w
23rd Jun 2010, 17:09
Hi all

Saw that they are looking for 747 classic crews. I´m current and interested. Any inside info?

sevenfive
2nd Nov 2010, 13:40
I'd really much rather know about the risk from surface-to-air missiles being launched in our direction during approach / take-off?

..have been told you have nothing to worry about. Taliban is not a threat to Safi - because they own it, at least partly.

Less Hair
20th Dec 2010, 11:39
Western management team to leave Safi. Airline will put it's Frankfurt route on hold by mid january.

Safi Airways künftig ohne deutsches Management-Team - FLUG REVUE (http://www.flugrevue.de/de/zivilluftfahrt/airlines-flugbetrieb/safi-airways-kuenftig-ohne-deutsches-management-team.35933.htm)

rohan1978
16th Jul 2012, 08:49
:rolleyes: Is safi airways planning to buy MD 80 . and hire pilots for MD 80:confused:

rohan1978
16th Jul 2012, 08:53
:D:ok: what does that means

Seja
16th Jul 2012, 14:42
So, it is racist to say "a muslim exploded" because we should be old enough to leave religion out of the discussion (that's how I understood your post). But you dare saying this "After all, its not the Christians on you island that are putting the bread on your table, its the Muslims in the desert". :ugh: honestly, stop being so hyper politically correct especially since what happened is simply this: a muslim exploded". If a christian person decides to explode for the sake of his/her religion, then pretty sure the media would mention this persons reason / purpose i.e. religion. Sometimes we just have to face the facts.

4runner
17th Jul 2012, 21:15
How inappropriate to mention that the suicide bomber that killed dozens of innocent civilians was Muslim. We all know that Afghanistan is an extremely moderate and open nation as are most Muslim countries. Shame on you infidels, excuse me, non-muslims for attempting to dishonor and discredit this political system, I mean religion. CF, thank you for injecting some much needed political correctness into this discussion. What would we do without political correctness and a deep understanding and respect for one another as is constantly shown by most Middle Eastern and Western Asian nations? I also have roots in the Middle East and these Gentiles, I mean Christians are really upsetting me! Not ALL suicide bombers and hijackers are Muslims!!! Right? CF, if you need a break from this intolerance and wish to be in a stable, forward thinking environment, come join me in Tel Aviv. We eat the same food, have VERY similar beliefs and I'm sure that because of our similarities and your inherent sensitivity, we'd enjoy each others' company. Shalom! Bring it on Moderator!!!!

rohan1978
27th Jul 2012, 06:40
Company : Tiger Airways
Contract type : Full Time
Aircraft type : Airbus 320
Job location : Singapore
Job published date : 2012-07-23
Job expiry date : 2012-07-31
Monthly salary :approx 7000 USD +
Annual Salary inclusive of Flight Duty Pay

Captain: approx SGD203,873 per annum (based on estimated 950 hours a year), First Officer: approx SGD 135,959 per annum (based on estimated 950 hours a year) for FO with >1,000 A320 hrs and >3,000 multi-crew hours. Junior First Officer: approx SGD 107,963 per annum (based on estimated 950 hours a year) for FO with <1,000 A320 hrs or <3,000 multi-crew hours
Back to view jobs
Job Description
Airbus A320 Direct Entry First Officers
Applicants should possess the following minimum requirements;
ICAO recognised ATPL (acceptable to Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore).
Total Flight Time of ≥ 1500 hours.
Minimum of 1,000 hours on civil registered transport aircraft certificated for multi-crew operation.
A320 Type Rating with a minimum of 500 hours on type.
Basic IT literacy.
ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 4 or above.

SAFI AIRWAYS:{

First Officer A320

Safi Airways, the International Airline of Afghanistan is now accepting applications from suitably qualified A320 First Officers.

Candidates will be based in Afghanistan/ Dubai with attractive salary and additional benefits

Candidates interested in applying for these positions should meet the following minimum requirements:

Current and valid A320 type rating.
Total flying time of 1500 hours.
500 hrs minimum on the type.
Candidates should be not more than 55 years of age.
No history of accidents or incidents.
Current and Valid Class 1 Medical
Last flight on the A320 must be within the last 12 months
Last sim on the A320 must be within the last 6 - 12 months
SALARY 4000$ :ugh:
WHAT TO DO:ugh:

rohan1978
27th Jul 2012, 06:58
recently some craps in India so called TRE are trying to lure low hours First officers to join Safi Airways , infact I was also approached :oh:

some craps are asking Money to make join Safi Airways := I dont think its worth

rohan1978
27th Jul 2012, 07:06
I dont know but I will prefer mandala airways ( tiger Airways)
atleast pay and ling is better there
I'd really much rather know about the risk from surface-to-air missiles being launched in our direction but Life is life .
:rolleyes:

tiger also desperately needs Pilots .:ugh: