PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Rating help

irishpilot1990
17th Sep 2009, 17:24
Soon to start training and am looking for good reading material/software/anything of help.Have very limit instrument experience and even holding is new to me. Anyone got anything that might help?

Irishpilot!!:ok:

greekboy
17th Sep 2009, 17:37
Hi there

Use these: 1) Instrument flying by David Hoy. Good book.
2)RANT software to see what the needles do in real time.
3) Practice what you've learnt in 1) and 2) on Microsoft FS by flying some of the actual routes you will be tested on depending on where you do the IR. (Cant really practice assymetric on MS FS though).

Google the above and see where it's cheeper to buy them.

Good luck

gb

electriclightfoot
17th Sep 2009, 19:04
Google this below. It's available from all the big stores.

'The Complete JAR Instrument Rating Flying Course DVD'

Quote: The x2 DVD set contains 31 lessons using a twin engined aircraft or synthetic flight simulator just like the IR course to cover every aspect of the JAR Instrument Rating Flying Course.

* Aircraft Ground & Flight Checks
* General Instrument Flying
* Instrument Approach Procedures
* Asymmetric Flying
* A Profile of the Instrument Rating Flight Test

The Dvd's are made by a guy called John Pullen. I know him well - if your interested, message me and I'll put you in direct contact with him and you might save a couple of quid. :ok:

jcbmack
19th Sep 2009, 02:24
Student Pilot Guide, Instrument Flying Handbook, Instrument Procedures, handbook, Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, and Pilot Safety Brochures, from: Aviation Handbooks & Manuals (http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/)

Also:
Instrument Flying

By Richard L. Taylor. Purchase this book; Taylor is great, but there is a good preview on Google Books.:ok: