PDA

View Full Version : Need sound recent advice on an MCC

acepilotmurdock
16th Sep 2009, 14:35
Hi all,
I am coming to the end if my IR ad funds are running seriously low... so need some good sound advice on where to go to do my MCC. If people would be kind enough, to tell me from experience of an MCC, or where they are going etc it would be very much appreciated. I have around 4 to 5K left to spend, so thanks to one and all.
:ok:

brownbox
16th Sep 2009, 15:56
European Aviation at Bournemouth (now called European Skybus I think) did a great mcc for me in a lovely well maintained full motion B737-300. Instructors were all from airlines and very, very capable and realistic. Great setup, no glitches, very well run slick op. Expect to pay around 3.5k.

Well run and professional - I don't think you can wrong there.

Bruce Wayne
16th Sep 2009, 16:32
European at Bournemouth..

slipper 1
16th Sep 2009, 16:50
european at bournemouth charge £2400. Link here: European Skybus Limited - Flight Training - MCC (Multi-Crew Co-operation) JAA Approved Course (http://www.eaac.co.uk/flight_training_courses.php)

acepilotmurdock
16th Sep 2009, 18:21
Seems the trend is down to Bournemouth......... Thanks for the info.... just another quick question, where did you stop Digs wise, and how much did it cost you? Thanks again
Ace

irishpilot1990
16th Sep 2009, 20:17
What are people’s general views on the option of doing an MCC or a combined MCC/JOC, basically, how big of an advantage is the JOC?

brownbox
16th Sep 2009, 21:09
I think the last time I was there the nice guys & girls were talking about offering a 'sort' of JOC at very competitive prices. I think it even included time in their b747 sim. Check out the website or contact a v nice lady called Mandy Bodenham at european - you shouldn't be disappointed.

Whilst I was there I stayed at a cheap B&B in the town centre. Depends on how much you want to pay. Mine was around £30 but just okay. Mandy should be able to advise and even provided a list of accommodation.

Good luck

pilotatlast
17th Sep 2009, 05:38
OAA have a good MCC/JOC and they have a sale on at the moment....MCC £1995. MCC/JOC £2995. OAA.com - Oxford Aviation Academy (http://www.oaa.com)

ford cortina
17th Sep 2009, 07:51
A Joc is of limited use. I did one right before I started my Type Rating. If you have a long wait between Joc and Type Rating you will find it of little use.:ok:

acepilotmurdock
17th Sep 2009, 09:16
Once again thanks to one and all for there input, it is all appreciated.

Liftboy
17th Sep 2009, 15:22
MMC in Berlin/Germany on Kingair 200 --> 1680€ plus 9 days for the hotel.
30€ without breakfast, 35€ with....

irishpilot1990
17th Sep 2009, 17:20
seems like waiting to do JOC might be best policy!!might be a long wait between it and a T.R:bored::uhoh:

Leezyjet
17th Sep 2009, 17:31
I also did it at Bournemouth, and it's a 737-200 sim they have, not a -300. The sim is ex- Air NZ and ex Ryanair.

I stayed in a 2 bed chalet at a nearby holiday park called Holburne Naish - it's about 5 miles from the airport via the back roads. There were 2 of us though and it cost us £214 for 8 nights but that was by far the cheapest we could find, and we had total freedom of having our own kitchen/bathroom and living/dining room too. We also had a swimming pool, shop and pub over the road, and the beach was about a 5 min walk.
:\

I'm Off!
18th Sep 2009, 13:42
Jetlinx - great people and very professional. MCC on either 757 or 320, cost approx £3.5k. I would highly recommend them. They use the sims at Cranebank.

moggiee
20th Sep 2009, 21:38
Alternatively, spend a lot less on your MCC (The Flight Centre at Halfpenny Green : Private Pilot Training PPL : Commercial Pilot (http://www.hgfc.co.uk)) and use the large amount of money saved to buy a few hours on proper hands on time on a jet sim before your interview.

More hours in total than just a jet MCC.

IrishJetdriver
20th Sep 2009, 23:42
Bournemouth is great. Do an MCC on a multicrew aeroplane rather than one that's ok for single pilot.

Frankly Mr Shankly
21st Sep 2009, 10:26
Absolutely Moggiee, I couldnt agree more. Keep it simple, keep it cheap, get the tick, save the money for something else, that was my thought process and did it at The Flight Center. Good course, cheap, did the job. Personally I don't see the point of spending more than the minimum for an MCC, on an all singing all dancing sim, that ( to me) is not the point of MCC, however just my own opinion.

Parson
21st Sep 2009, 10:45
In the current climate, cheapest is probably best. However, if you think you might want to apply for Ryanair, then I'd suggest you do your MCC at SAA as you circumvent the application/sim ride procedure. That's a big 'if', though.

average bloke
21st Sep 2009, 10:53
European are good (used to work for them), but I would highly recommend Flight Safety at Farnborough for a great price and very professional training.

Blueskyrich
21st Sep 2009, 18:03
HGFC get a big thumbs up from me too.

Excellent course, good people, value for money as well.

Didn't do me any harm either - was employed within 5 months, just over 18 months back.