PDA

View Full Version : Renter's Insurance in the UK?

s1lverback
16th Sep 2009, 09:10
Hi, is there such a thing as 'renters insurance' in the UK?

This is for renting a helicopter form a flight school.

i.e. insurance for a renter to cover up to the excess of an over-riding insurance policy when renting an aircraft?

They have this in the US, but I can't seem to find this in the UK.

fluffy5
16th Sep 2009, 09:16
By Rent, do you mean self hire of the aircraft from a training establishment, or friend. Either one it will say in the insurance policy what the excess is for that aircraft. If it is self hire from a company, you will sign a slf agreement which should stipulate that in the event of an incident or accident with aircraft damage, you will be responsible to pay the excess. A few ago's for me to remember the amounts, but probably R22 could have an excess of 1000 to 3000 pounds dependent on the insurance policy.

fluffy

s1lverback
16th Sep 2009, 09:25
Hi Fluffy, exactly that, ie. SFH from a Training Establishment.

So I am wondering if I can get annual insurance to cover me for that excess as a supplemental insurance.

Need money
16th Sep 2009, 13:42
FYI - some flightschools themselves offer an excess waiver for a small fee....ask your local SFH school - its also a nice tie in to them if you do this.

My flight school charge something like (but I could get this wrong) - £200pa to "waive" the excess on an R22 - and £400pa to waive the excess on the R44.....

....a nice earner for them if nothing hqppens - but personally if I pranged one and got hit by the excess (thought it was more like £5k for R22 ?) that would ground me in the short term....

Darren999
23rd Sep 2009, 14:19
With all your money just buy one!!!!!! :ok:
I teach you to fly it properly!! :D