PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Jet Commander Program?

Qbix
16th Sep 2009, 07:28
They say you gonna get 500PIC for 30k USD with some Asian airline.

Anybody heard about that?

Having 500PIC B737 opens some doors with jobs. The question is if its not some bs. and you really get PIC not some PICUS with a line cptn...

zakka
16th Sep 2009, 14:26
Wow, that sounds like a great idea. I just hope it can be done on the A380

BigNumber
16th Sep 2009, 14:59
Do you need to satisfy any experience criteria to join this programme?

Perhaps it is possible to 'buy' the first 500 hours P2 then buy the next 500 hours as P1; with a possible IRE/TRE add on?

Fantastic chance to get ahead in quick time.

Kirks gusset
16th Sep 2009, 16:29
The training is with Lion Air in Jakarta, you have to satisfy the authorities and send them all your details, experience etc. Don't expect to get on this with say just 500 P2 hrs on jets, they won't let you. It sounds like a genuine scheme, takes 12 months, you enter a contract not to leave in that time. All you have to do is come up with the money and be able to support yourself for 12 months.

Phase 3: Boeing 737 NG left seat captain during passenger operations for a 1 year duration including a minimum of 500 block hours as a Boeing 737 NG left seat captain.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
�� ICAO Airline Transport Pilot License with B737 NG PIC Type Rating
* (ICAO refers to FAA, JAA, CASA, Transport Canada and any other country whose aviation authorities are an ICAO member)
�� Minimum of 4,000 hours Total Fixed Wing flight time including at least 1,000 hours Turbojet Flight time
�� Age limit of 50 years
�� ICAO English Level 4
PRICE:
�� Phases 1, 2 & 3: $32,500 USD
PAYMENT PLAN:
�� $5,000 is due once pilot’s resume has been approved by Eagle Jet International’s exclusive contracted airline.
�� Balance of $27,500 is due 3 weeks prior to the first day of class.
OTHER INFORMATION:
�� Pilots are responsible for their living expenses at full time base and are assisted by the airline to locate housing. Should pilots overnight while on line, the airline will pay pilots hotel room and transportation expenses.
�� Support documents are provided by the airline so pilots can obtain the required visa with corresponding embassy.
�� Once pilots have been issued the local ICAO license, type rating and medical, they are not required to maintain their initial ICAO license, type rating and medical current.
�� A six month Simulator Company Proficiency Check is part of the program.
�� One uniform set is provided by the airline.
�� Should simulator training take place away from the full time base, pilots are provided with round trip airfare, hotel room and transportation.
�� As pilots joining the program do not meet the hour on type requirement to initially be considered for employment, there is no compensation while attending the line training program. Depending on the airline’s needs and pilots progression during the program, pilots completing the 1 year / 500 hour line training program will be considered for employment.
�� Pilots legally commit to not leave the program until completion of the one year period on line.
SPECIFICATIONS:
BOEING

Qbix
16th Sep 2009, 17:25
this info is what you get from EJ. the question is if you get real PIC or some bs PICUS from the left.

if you have let's say some PIC on 737 then you should be able to skip the base trainig, right?

with 500PIC and previous expericence on type sounds like a good investment provided that you can make it not in one year but let's say 6 months??

Kirks gusset
16th Sep 2009, 17:49
Qbix, this is a structured 12 month contract, the Authorities approved the scheme base on the entire content, you cannot skip bits based on previous experience, nor can you jump ship in 6 months. I suspect the first 3 months will be tied up doing all the admin and local licence, then you may start to fly. Whether or not this is a good deal or not I can't say but for those of you with 4000+ hrs and a 737 NG rating, with time on type it may be worth a look, having said that Jakarta isn't the best place on the planet, Lion Air have an bad safety record, albeit they are trying to improve, but if you read local articles, the airlines have been wanting ex-pat experienced guys for years but the government will not let them employ non nationals. 30K is a lot when you consider the average wage is about 10us a month for the poor. 10,000 for ministers! Hmm makes one think, EJ can make hay while the sun shines, only problem is it can be blinding!! Having said that, it is a unique scheme. I know of only one other company that offers this and that's on the A320 in Europe, the demand is for 4000 JAR 145 jet and 500 PIC, no exceptions.

cortilla
16th Sep 2009, 20:23
Seriously!!!!! Come on guys if you have 4000 hours and all the other requirements for this little scam then you're either eligible for command at your airline or ryanair will take you. If not you may not be good enough for command and this is your only hope to sit in that left seat. In any case I'll never fly with or for lion air.

This really takes the biscuit!!!!!

Qbix
16th Sep 2009, 20:35
cortilla, ryan needs 500PIC on type and they make no exceptions. my former employer went bust while i was already on the left seat...

have sometimes bigger view on topics and don't follow others melody...

mrmach
16th Sep 2009, 21:13
Next step, 500h CEO line training... :E

zakka
16th Sep 2009, 23:16
Sorry guys. At first glance, I thoght this was actually a joke, but I have looked at EJ's website and it seems to be true. All I can say is that to enter this scheme you would have to be an absolute idiot.

with 500PIC and previous expericence on type sounds like a good investment

Qbix, I don't think we live in the same world. People would be better off giving 30000 USD to the project "how to give spiders 9 legs".

Whether or not this is a good deal or not I can't say but for those of you with 4000+ hrs and a 737 NG rating, with time on type it may be worth a look

NOOO, it is not worth a look

This program takes the price :ugh::ugh::ugh:

coolhand1
17th Sep 2009, 01:42
This is really the end. Eventually the left seat becomes a revenue seat as well. The bean counters won the game...

Just as a matter of self-esteem I'd rather do another job than enroll in this kind of crap.

Interesting also to note that as expats are not welcome in the first place, this can be waived off just by paying. I didn't know that Indonesia was such in desperate need of foreign cash...:yuk:

mutt
17th Sep 2009, 09:20
Just to put this in perspective, the present salary in Lion is 5 million Rupiah per month for a Captain, (Approx US$5,000), so not only is Lion obtaining a percentage of the candidates US$30k, they are also saving $60,000 per year in salary.......

They must be laughing their heads off at the stupid bulays!:ok:

Mutt

PPRuNeUser0215
22nd Sep 2009, 10:34
And Lion Air is such a reputable airline when it comes to safety...

Lion Air 386,538,972, various black lists (incl the EU which is quite a performance).

Bambe
22nd Sep 2009, 11:17
Captains paying to fly? Fhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gifK OFF!

So agree with that!!!

flyboy1818
22nd Sep 2009, 13:16
really shows how bad this industry has become, absolute madness. If you sign up to this scheme you might as well be snorting crack up your nose

Ronand
29th Sep 2009, 21:56
@Qbix What I don't understand is: If you have 4000 hrs TT and Jet experience you should be able to get a F/O position in a decent Airline with a decent salary and then upgrade to the left seat in a few years! Don't really understand why you have problem with this???

antonov09
29th Sep 2009, 22:12
Oh good lord dont tell me he has captains paying to fly?
The CAA should look into this company. Its just getting totally stupid now at this stage.:ugh:

Black Knat
30th Sep 2009, 08:49
Had to check the date on this one-nope, it's posted after April.