PDA

View Full Version : Deauville LFRG

DLT1939
15th Sep 2009, 12:47
Advance warning that Deauville will be closed for 3 months from 9 November.
Notam LF/B-3588/09

XYA9453GG ENHBZEZN ENZZNESI310857 LFFAYNYX(B3588/09 NOTAMNQ) LFFF/QFALC/IV/NBO/A/000/999/4922N00010E005A) LFRGB) 0911090000 C) 1002092359E) AD CLOSED)

gasax
15th Sep 2009, 13:45
Anyone know why or what is happening?

skua
15th Sep 2009, 14:52
They have become so increasingly unfriendly to GA, I am not sure it makes much difference. I would hazard a guess it is to extend the size of the apron, and may be create a new taxiway at the South end. they have probably got one of their periodic delusions of grandeur re growth in charter/scheduled traffic.

Cancel that nonsense. I have just phoned them, and that delightful girl who works in the office (the best bit about the place IMHO) says it is to allow the runway to be reinforced.

Skua

cblinton@blueyonder.
15th Sep 2009, 17:29
As a frequent user of the airfield (twice a month) this is going to be a right pain :{

"In order to proceed with the runway re-surfacing and the civil works to comply with water regulations, Deauville St-Gatien Airport will be closed for 12 weeks from the beginning of November 2009. The reopening is planned for the first week of February 2010"

Pat210
17th Sep 2009, 22:36
Who will the Taxis rip off whilst its shut, last year we paid 100 euros to get to Hornfleur and back?

G-ROAR
18th Sep 2009, 17:15
Last time I flew into deauville on an IFR flight plan the conversation went something like this:-
"G-ROAR flight level 90 requesting descent, runway in use, and latest weather"
"G-ROAR descend to 3000ft, QNH 1013, runway in use 30 and I cannot give you the weather."
"Why not"
"I am not qualified to give you ze weather"
Now I knew the weather was poor in the area but I needed specific up to date weather to plan the approach and make sure it was above minima.
"Deauville, if you cannot give me your weather what do you suggest." ( since I had a hire car waiting at Deauville and this was going to cock up our day)
"I suggest you divert to Caen "
"Can you give me vectors for an ILS into Caen?"
"No problem"
He then gave me a lovely ILS into Caen preceded by their weather and a handover when we were visual. We then had to get taxis from caen to Deauville to collect our car. A real pain. Nowadays they do have ATIS on 119.175.
Strange folk those Normans. I was in a bar another time in Pont L'Eveque and asked the English bar man why the Normans hate the Brits. Oh, they hate everybody, even the French. says it all.
I also found the chap at the Chamber of Commerce office at Deauvelle airport extremely unfriendly and offensive. One time I landed there without a hire car and he would not help one little bit. We ended up getting a taxi to our digs at an exhorbitant rate. We have always been dissatisfied with their arrogance.
Not been for a while, Caen is the best option.

IO540
18th Sep 2009, 17:32
Who will the Taxis rip off whilst its shutMy heart really bleeds for them :) What a ripoff... I got caught by that some weeks ago.

Anyway, Deauville is like Bognor Regis (tacky) but more expensive :)

flyingman-of-kent
18th Sep 2009, 17:42
I landed at Deauville a few years ago, and was helpfully offered assistance by the Chamber of Commerce guy to get a hotel. "No need, thanks" I (cockily) said as I had the card of the hotel that I last stayed at and we went off merrily to this hotel just outside Honfleur.

En-route the taxi driver asked if I had booked, and on hearing that I had not he told us that pretty well everywhere was fully booked because of some festival!! He was right, but helpfully we tried a few before giving up and agreeing to go across the bridge to Le Havre.

We did find a very nice hotel, and the driver even offered to take us back to Honfleur for free, which we declined as we would still have had to pay to come back!!

Next day we got a taxi to the airport, and it took a couple of attempts of my french to convince him that we wanted Deauville not Le Havre airport! All in all, the total round trip in taxis was £100. It brings back fond memories!