PDA

View Full Version : Ravenair at Liverpool Airport

michal_kucharski
14th Sep 2009, 23:15
Hi,

Does anyone know something about quality of training in Ravenair at Liverpool Airport....instructors, aeroplanes, slots etc. I'm looking to start CPL/IR by the end of September and I'm not sure where to do it.

Thanks a lot!

Thick Blue Line
15th Sep 2009, 21:24
Do a search on here for 'ravenair' and 'liverpool flying schools.' There has been a bit posted about them in the past with some quite useful info.

Think Ravenair are a decent set up but apparently you can struggle to get flying time depending on how many UAS folk are going through there as they get the priority.

Worth a visit to the offices if you haven't already been, they're friendly enough, just make sure you ask about the UAS numbers!

adverse-bump
15th Sep 2009, 22:09
atc slots not really a problem.

the a/c are old. but the aztecs are an excellent IFR platform, I would be much happier taking an aztec into ice or crap wx than a seneca. (did many months airtaxi work so i know the diff!) very good airplane for ifr flying.

ftimesf
10th Nov 2009, 15:22
They've got one of the best CPL instructors around working for them in my opinion.
Dave Park got me through my CPL at the first attempt even when we had to change to an unfarmiliar airport days before the test.

mech500
17th Nov 2009, 18:04
What are 'UAS folk'? ....Who get priority.

Wee Weasley Welshman
17th Nov 2009, 19:39
They've been doing the job for decades and would definitely be in my folder marked "Good, long established, local flying schools employing career instructors to whom you are not just a course number".

That's the folder I frequently advise Wannabes to consult in favour of some of the larger, glossier ones on the shelf. Price is almost a secondary consideration.

Poose
19th Nov 2009, 15:56
Been hour building there for three years.

Some of the PA-38's at Ravenair look like they were used by Pontius for his Pilate training, but they are functional!! :)

Cost is reasonable and the instructors that are the current 'stalwarts' are a first class bunch who are more than willing to help...

Unlike some of the blokes who have instructed there in the past... No names! :mad:

Not too sure about the CPL / IR stakes; but I've heard that CPL training has been picked up recently and a few guys have got through successfully. Thinking of staying on to do it there myself...