PDA

View Full Version : FAA Training - Clearwater, FL

Aerocadet
13th Sep 2009, 17:25
Good day!

Anyone here had experiences in flying at Clearwater, FL? How's the weather and flying experience as a whole?

I am planning to do PPL-IR-CPL @ a local Cessna Pilot Center in Clearwater International Airport.

Thanks. :cool:

flyboymurphy
13th Sep 2009, 19:24
Hi there, I fly for a fractional that is based in KPIE, I think that is the airport you are referring to ?
Its a decent airport with many approaches and easy to head north to do flight training outside of airspace.
Its quite busy there with our company and many airlines and UPS.
Quite often light aircraft use the small runway.
the weather is typical FL weather, plenty of cells but usually isolated and easy to see and fly around.
hope that helps
Steve

Kyriakos
14th Sep 2009, 05:36
I fly there quite often. The area is fantastic, one of the most beautiful in the States. Very busy airspace though since there are 4-5 airports literally stuffed next to each other, including Tampa Intl. The controllers are extremely helpful and keep everything and everyone happy.
August-September is the worst period to fly in Florida due to weather but its almost over, give it a couple of weeks.
Enjoy your flying and say hi to the beauty that works at Sheltair's FBO. :ok:

Aerocadet
14th Sep 2009, 10:38
I am planning to start on April. Is it a good time to do PPl-IR-CPL? :)

I am really concerned with weather because I will be an international student. I wouldn't want to waste time on the ground. Hehe!

Thanks a lot guys for your inputs! :ok:

Kyriakos
14th Sep 2009, 14:56
April would be a great month to start, weather is mostly calm.