PDA

View Full Version : Arik Air fires MD

LOS
13th Sep 2009, 11:11
Arik Air sent MD McTighe on leave and appointed Chris Ndulue as acting MD.

An unreliable source reported the following: YOUNG GIRL STABBED IN THE APARTMENT OF ARIK AIR'S MANAGING DIRECTOR - modernghana.com/nigeria news (http://www.modernghana.com/news/238166/1/young-girl-stabbed-in-the-apartment-of-arik-airs-m.html)

What's the real reason?

eagleflier
13th Sep 2009, 11:51
Just read the article,quite disturbing i.e if there's any truth in it considering it hasn't appeared in the dailies after 5 days.
Funny how the author already assumed he would go scot-free

9jarep
13th Sep 2009, 17:22
TangoWhisky your input is needed here :} who stab who ???:{

gabonbabon
13th Sep 2009, 20:46
This sounds like a Drunk n Poke case to me .
Mctighe was under heavy influence of alcohol(as usual) he aimed for the girls MOUTH but POKED HIS KNOB in her chest . But , he didn't stop there he was enjoying this newly created hole and carried on until he released his nasty sperm into that innocent girls chest .

All the " screaming and noise " that neighbours claim to have heard were nothing but his moans just before he came .

I'm sure hes somewhere in manchester looking for his next aiming board .

poor girl may u recover soon .

:yuk::yuk::yuk:

IFLy4Free
14th Sep 2009, 03:59
Read that article again...it states she sustained a FATAL wound and then later on it speaks of her recovery! which was it? FATAL or NON FATAL?

chuks
14th Sep 2009, 05:46
It's fairly common to read stuff about someone sustaining "mortal wounds" who's now "recovering in hospital." They often misuse words such as "mortal" and "fatal" when they mean to write something like "serious" or "near-fatal," just using words for effect rather than to report the facts.

There was a high-profile 727 accident when one could read and enjoy (sort of) a local newspaper's reporting that the accident aircraft had been seen "hovering" in the vicinity of Murtala Muhammed Airport.

Another time someone was grizzling away about that sinister figure Red Hill, who directed the activities of a certain local helicopter operator. That Red, he sure was a rascal!

Golly, whatever happened to not using proper names and not repeating stuff that's slanderous? This guy sounds like a rather naughty person, fair enough, but to just post excerpts from local papers like this, is this fair or wise?

RWEDAREYET
15th Sep 2009, 21:05
So is Mike actually dismissed from his position or just on leave??

Moses Mashomba
18th Sep 2009, 16:43
chuks wrote "Golly, whatever happened to not using proper names and not repeating stuff that's slanderous? This guy sounds like a rather naughty person, fair enough, but to just post excerpts from local papers like this, is this fair or wise?"

A 'rather naughty person'? Geesh, well at least the paper didn't mince its words when it reported that there were 3 young women found in McT's at House 'J', with one of them having a neigh on fatal stab wound in her guts? So just what were they all doing there then at 1am, Bible practise... and that McT then legs it?!

One article (http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3682:how-the-stabbing-of-a-young-woman-led-arik-airs-md-mctighe-to-flee-nigeria&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18) I read said:On Tuesday the 8th of September 2009, at about 1:30 am, a young girl believed to be a prostitute was stabbed in the apartment of Mr. Michael Mctighe the managing director of Arik Air Limited.

The randy managing director who is known to sleep around with the Arik Air female cabin crew members and constantly in the company of call girls at the House ‘J' resort in GRA Ikeja was said to have brought home with him on this fateful night 3 prostitutes to his apartment at number 74 Oduduwa crescent in Ikeja GRA, a private guest house maintained by Arik Air Limited where they house some of their top officials and pilots.

A loud commotion and screaming alerted other occupants of the guest house who rushed to the managing director’s apartment only to find one of the three girls lying unconscious in a pool of her own blood. Upon close examination it was discovered that she had been stabbed and sustained a near fatal injury to her stomach. She was then rushed to the General Hospital Ikeja where the doctors initially refused to treat her as they insisted on getting a police report before attending to her considering the extent and nature of her injury.

Area residents said they are waiting for further information regarding the state of the young girl’s health. As our source gathered, Mctighe had proposed to the injured lady who caught him with two other girls in his apartment.

It could not be ascertained if she was stabbed by Mr. Mctighe or if she was stabbed by two rivals during a fight.

Mr. McTighe reportedly fled after the incident leading Arik airline to appoint an acting managing director.

And Arik Air's web site presently says: "Meanwhile, the former managing director, Mr. Michael McTighe, is on an extended leave of absence."

I thought Friday night at the Sheraton was the big night out in LOS, what with its adjacent night club loaded to the hilt with nightfighters? To some, Tuesday night would seem a bit early in the week to be having a three's up; obviously a man of some appetite?! :ok:

It's an open secret that he's well known for entertaining with nightfighters and quite how he got away with it for so long is anybodies guess. You could predict that this was going to happen sooner or later, them Nigerian girls can get real mean when they perceive that they've been duped!

Well, the girls will surely miss his custom and you do know what they say,

"Live by the sword; Die by sword!" :rolleyes: :} ;)

jetjackel
20th Sep 2009, 20:18
Lots of Arik metal parked at LOS this weekend doing nothing. Additional repercussions?

LOS
20th Sep 2009, 20:42
No, it's related to the transfer of GAT to BiCourtney. Arik threatened to shut down its operations, as it refuses to operate under B/C.
Lots of flights are cancelled for tomorrow too.

fishpie
20th Sep 2009, 22:13
Reduced operation for bank holiday

exeng
20th Sep 2009, 23:15
Fishpie has it. Bank holiday and boredom - normal operations (without McTighe) resumed on Tuesday.

Happy Holidays everyone

Exeng

chuks
21st Sep 2009, 05:33
The first report quoted had this innocent young creature suffering a "fatal" wound. Now she's suffered a "near fatal" wound. Whatever next, a "deep scratch"?

Jeez, I always knew the "bush telegraph" would flash a report of one's misdeeds across the local system but today's modern communication methods means we get the news here at home, far from the scene! Not that I ever misbehaved, aside from almost being beaten up in a local bar by an enraged Englishwoman and another time by an enraged Irishwoman, but I never had to face death to my rep from this sort of electronic reporting. When it comes to "die by the sword," well, you guys spreading this muck know what you can expect in turn I guess....