PDA

View Full Version : Work For Free

srilankanpilot
13th Sep 2009, 03:34
hey,
now we have to work for free, what the hell is going on.i think we pilots should take over this mess.our CEO is just a goat all right.selling off all the assets.

the arrogance of the president that got ride of EK now our fools have to find all the monies. instead of getting them to finance.

What fools we have as our leaders!!

functionisthestyle
13th Sep 2009, 04:02
No pay, no work. You'd be pleasantly surprised to see how quickly the pay hits your accounts once the jets stop moving.

Either that or make announcement telling the pax you need tips to continue the flight since mgmt won't pay you.

Forcing someone to work without compensation is called SLAVERY. Are you a slave?

FlyMeToTheStars
13th Sep 2009, 04:05
Hmmmmmmmmmm

wetdrops
14th Sep 2009, 04:51
Work For Free
Work for free, CEO tells employees
By Raisa Wickrematunge

In a shocking turn of events, the country’s crisis ridden national carrier, SriLankan, has requested its employees to work four days in the coming months free of charge until the airline recovers from its massive financial slump.

The request comes after the airline recorded a loss of almost Rs. 9.5 billion for the year, which ended March 31, 2009.

SriLankan Airlines Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Manoj Gunawardena confirmed that various schemes were being implemented including the freezing of increments and bonuses for the coming year and voluntary work by employees for no pay.

Gunawardena also told The Sunday Leader that the senior management has already agreed to two days of voluntary no pay work, including himself.

“With the implementation of various cost cutting and revenue enhancing measures, the company will have a financial turnaround,” an optimistic Gunawardena said.

The management is currently in negotiations with the Flight Attendants’ Union (FAU) and Sri Lanka Nidhahas Sevaka Sangamaya (SLNN) for voluntary no pay work. “We are optimistic that both unions will make accommodations. This requires personal commitment from all of us,” he said.

However a representative of the Pilots’ Guild said that the pilots have refused to agree to a pay cut. The representative also claimed that the suggestions made for the improvement of the airline which would have improved the situation, had been overlooked by the authorities.

The representative alleged that the airline was drowning in corruption and malpractices and suggestions made to remove inefficient employees had fallen on deaf ears.

According to the Pilots’ Guild representative, the CEO had cited that other airlines too were suffering from heavy losses and so this situation was not unique to SriLankan. “But other airlines have invested in buying more aircraft. SriLankan Airlines has made no such investment. They are liquidating their assets just to maintain the day to day running of the firm,” he said.

The representative also added that the FAU has already agreed to four days of voluntary no pay work, on the condition that they would receive an over 10% pay increment next March.

The Pilots’ Guild representative said that this was a “big if, because who knows what the airline’s financial situation would be next year?” The representative maintained that the airline could still survive if corruption was curtailed.

FAU President A. A. M. Adheeb when contacted said he did not wish to speak on the matter on the telephone

Fourbars
14th Sep 2009, 07:05
Srilankan always had this problem of filling the small leaks and letting the huge cracks to remain..When the airline is in such a crisis the sympothy towards Mihin lanka from our CEO and mangering staff has never reduced. God knows what happens to the lease of mihin ABE..And all the service charges that they have to pay for srilankan..

CEO says uniform change was a need for the Cabin crew as it was there for a long time. But i do not see any problem with the current system.And again in the next interview he says that the company is in a crisis and we need our pilots to work free.What is the point of this joke..He is a simply a fool who always says YES to the temple trees brothers..

I love this airline..we all do..will work for free to get this airline out of the debt which it is in ..But first CEO has to show us that it is worth for us to that..With these type of actions what we have to say is NO WAY..:=

functionisthestyle
14th Sep 2009, 07:20
Ya' gotta' give something to get something.

If mgmt wants employees to work for free, they'll need to repay that loan with something like stock options and/ or profit sharing. Not to mention a whole host of other non-economic items (free travel, etc).

If you guys at Sri Lankan give in to this, you have no right to bitch down the line.

wetdrops
14th Sep 2009, 13:54
Work for free
The CEO of Srilankan Airlines should be removed with immediate effect for making a request of this nature and going public on the same. It clearly exposes him as the wrong person to be in charge of the National Carrier and his inefficiency, ineffectiveness, inexperience and his absolute incapability to function any longer.

My many previous posts have highlighted the ineffective cost cutting measures, that this goat has proposed. I have stressed, time and time again, that the Airline will continue to go further and further into the red. When are we going to voice our concern?? When are we going to take action to expose the fact that the expat pilots have to go? How much more of this BS are we going to put up with??

Type conversion courses, upgrades, increments, bonusses have all been stopped. The local pilots due progress in the Airline, has come to a complete stop. All this because of 35 expatriate pilots, who are not required to be in employment at Srilankan Ailrines!
If no action is taken, then Gentlemen (and Ladies), all I can say is that ... we have dug our own grave!!

BigJetJumbo
15th Sep 2009, 13:27
Have been reading the current crisis.

An Airline like Sri lankan !!!!can we really afford to spend on the lavish lifetylse of the Prez? .If you take the head of States of other Counries they alll take normal Commercial Flights unless they are Devoloped Countries they have their Own.Even the Prime Minister of Brtain takes a Commercial Flight I heard.A Country Like us a thirdworld underdevolop and Simply we cannot afford.

The Bottom line here is misleadment.He is been mislead Big Time.one should know the gravity between running an Airline and a rent a Car company.What we have here today is the 'Yes Sir' type men who do anything to remain in power at OPS. Too many Henchman !!!!

wetdrops
27th Sep 2009, 03:01
Must read articles ...

:: :: :: Lakbimanews Online Edition :: :: :: (http://www.lakbimanews.lk/)

News (http://www.nation.lk/2009/09/27/news14.htm)

Two issues that I have been highlighting in my posts on PPRuNE!!

The Dominican
27th Sep 2009, 03:49
No bucks, no Buck Rogers:=