PDA

View Full Version : Does STEVE181 have a CSU Endorsement?

Sunfish
13th Sep 2009, 00:59
Two threads here, to do with slow flight in an aircraft with a CS prop and run up checks with a CS prop started by "Steve181" lead me to suspect that the gentleman concerned might be considering flying an aircraft so equipped.

However the questioned posed by the poster are all covered in a CSU endorsement.....

All I can say mate is don't do it without the endorsement. You can seriously damage the donk or worse.

AutopilotEngage
13th Sep 2009, 01:10
Different country mate. CSU 'endorsement' doesn't exist in NZ, however a type rating to fly each individual aircraft does apply, during said type rating CSU operation would have been examined.

toolowtoofast
13th Sep 2009, 01:16
Although in NZ, a CSU 172 would be covered under the budget 172 rating.....like the Arrow is actually covered under the Archer (both PA28s), but only a keen club or owner would let someone fly their flash Arrow after jumping straight out of the fixed gear/prop Archer..

training wheels
13th Sep 2009, 01:28
I take it that you're referring to the "manual propeller pitch control" endorsement? Well, isn't it up to the operator to check his license and endorsement before hiring the aircraft to him, and not you? So who made you the pprune license and ratings endorsement police? :p

vee1-rotate
13th Sep 2009, 03:33
self appointed :ok: