PDA

View Full Version : FSC Training nl vs. Oxford Aviation Academy. TypeR 320

Kaka2
12th Sep 2009, 16:14
Hi

Anyone have any inputs or experience regarding Type rating 320 programme on FSC Training NL respective Oxford Aviation Academy?

Thanks

No RYR for me
12th Sep 2009, 19:52
I only know OAA as a good ab initio training school. FSC does mainly TR's for a lot of airlines, wet or dry. Among them KL, EZ, etc

Kaka2
15th Sep 2009, 18:06
Okay thanx

funnypilot
18th Sep 2012, 17:36
hello everyone,

i'm facing the same dilemma now : FSC in amsterdam or OAA in sweden for the airbus rating ?
OAA is a big name , and they work with PARC aviation, then it gives the impression (illusion ? ) that doing it with them could help to find a job later.
If there's some people , self sponsored ( not cadet ) who have been there for their 320 rating, feel free to share your experience about the training itself and most of all , what happened after ;)

funnypilot
19th Sep 2012, 19:00
frozen atpl, with mcc and joc ( + 3 years of job hunting around the world with no results )

AlexanderH
20th Sep 2012, 09:55
Went to visit Oxford's TR facility in Stockholm. Very professional outfit.

FANS
20th Sep 2012, 11:57
What job will you get after paying for this TR????

I'm genuinely intrigued and see it as a very high risk to do this without any sort of job offer. You need a job ASAP otherwise those skills on the TR course will fade to mush.

ford cortina
21st Sep 2012, 16:12
A speculative type rating on any aircraft will be as near to useless, you need time on type.
It is of no consequence where you do your Rating, as you will have to undertake some kind of line training, either paid for by you or a employer.
The problem is simple most employers will look for 500 hours on type....
If I was you I would do some research, not on Pprune......:ok:

funnypilot
23rd Sep 2012, 09:14
thanks to all for the answers

No RYR for me
24th Sep 2012, 08:48
A speculative type rating on any aircraft will be as near to useless, you need time on type. Agree 200%