PDA

View Full Version : A300-600R CHINA SOUTHERN at Lanseria

JONOAHBFN
12th Sep 2009, 11:53
Surprised that no one has commented on the above aircraft parked at Lanseria. Believe first of 6 to fly out of Lanseria to Dubai, Singapore etc. Still trying to get AOC, looking for pilots as well. Believe will be called Streamland Air. Could be good or another failure. Understand backed by a China lady and 5 others, one a South African

Heritage 1
14th Sep 2009, 10:33
Yes, heard something similar. Possibly an arab investor?

opsmike
16th Sep 2009, 11:50
Hi, the aircraft is one of 6, now registered EP-SIF. They are owned by Streamland Air and will be used for contract work, haj flights etc. The next two should arrive on 28 sept. I understand they are looking for crew, ground crew engeneering and others.

tamboekie
16th Sep 2009, 19:10
Anybody with contact details for Streamland Air H.R. department?

skyloone
16th Sep 2009, 20:08
When studying for the JAA writtens, I did wonder if the whole exercise was to eliminate a percentage of the candidates. Got through them but wouldn't like to repeat the exercise. Its a particular shock to the system if you've been out of the studying enviroment for some time.

The FAA obviously has a system that works for them. I assume the SA side would have to go through many hoops to get FAA approved and this would include the quality of oversight. Now here comes the problem.... Having spent most of my life in Africa & SA with its own unique political issues is certainly going to make for fun and games when the FAA pulls rank due due to non performance or non suitability of individuals tasked with local oversight. The FAA deal would not be all roses for local officials. Perhaps good a good thing. However its a bit like giving the Zimbabwean reserve bank the right to print SA rand and just letting them get on with it. Me thinks not..!!

Phenom
16th Sep 2009, 20:13
skyloon, it seems like you touched down on 03L instead of 03R?

JONOAHBFN
7th Oct 2009, 05:37
See yesterday, Tuesday that the Airbus she has gone, maybe for a paint job in the east.

Goffel
7th Oct 2009, 05:50
Yup...went off for her paint job in Teheran..(spelling).

Others will follow.

Goffel.

Boss Raptor
7th Oct 2009, 09:36
Aircraft is actually now Iranian registered EP-CIF I understand...I somehow doubt the acft will be coming back to SA and certainly has gone to THR to be based and not just for a paint job - seeing as it has I believe Pratt Whitney engines the US Dept. Of Commerce 'Sanctions' department are going to just going to luv that...

smoke and mirrors...

opsmike
7th Oct 2009, 10:43
the bus left on a zs reg ZS-TSA, but jip i dont plan to much about it comming back, the next two are expected around 21 oct, lets see

Commander 690
9th Oct 2009, 12:37
Hey,

Any Idea of the planned route??

AAL
13th Oct 2009, 18:49
Rumour is that SA is merely a midway stop, and the aircraft being sold through South Africa to Iran to circumvent US sanctions regime against Iran.

Cave Troll
14th Oct 2009, 09:34
As usual our wonderful SA government has no moral issues with allowing business to be done with terrorist supporting nations. I suppose it due to their own roots.

ct

LittleMo
14th Oct 2009, 13:39
Cave Troll, the Nat govt sold and supplied UNITA in the 80's and 90's even after MPLA was democratically elected as the govt. of Angola. As well as supplying arms to fuel the Hutu vs. Tsutsi debacle in Rwanda/Burundi in the 90's so it's not just our new govt, this stuff has been going on for years. Remember, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter...;)

evanb
14th Oct 2009, 13:43
Its amazing how people rush to judgment ... someone posed a rumour and getting around sanctions and then people just start chugging away at the SA government! China has no sanctions against Iran and since the UN Security Council has not imposed sanctions against Iran why would they have to use a third country to get the aircraft from China to Iran?

By the way, if you have a problem with SA trading with Iran you should stop driving and flying since most crude oil imported to SA comes from Iran :=

four engine jock
14th Oct 2009, 14:44
My Question is. Why would these Aircrafts fly all the way from China to South Africa to go to Iran?
None of these Aircraft were meant to stay in South Africa. South Africa was used as a transit point to get these aircraft to Iran. There is an embargo with regards to USA manufactured Engines. PW.

Sounds a bit off.

evanb
14th Oct 2009, 16:33
PW are American and thus are embargoed from providing manufactured goods, parts or assistance to anyone in Iran without permission of the State Department. However, it would be difficult to stop something that was legitimately sold and used by someone in China being sold onto someone in Iran. There is no reason why someone in China would need a third country to move something to Iran. It didn't just come to South Africa for maintenance or improvements since the aircraft was placed on the SA register. I suspect that the transaction (sale or lease) was financed from South Africa. Since South Africa do not have sanctions against Iran and since American sanctions against Iran are not binding on South Africa the deal is kosher!

That said, how they are going to get PW parts is a mystery!

bernardb
3rd Feb 2010, 06:36
Well regarding the A300 @ Lanseria. Believe to be 1 of 6 A300/600 (1 being Freight) in first part of deal with SA-IRN investors.

Route planned will be SA via Teheran onto China. First re-sprayed aircraft expected back this coming weekend? Maintenance will be done in China.

Will be good if it gets off the ground.:ok:

Lets C

opsmike
8th Feb 2010, 03:53
hi, its not here, any update