PDA

View Full Version : Dash-8 jobs

jazzjazz
11th Sep 2009, 07:10
I am Dash-8 type rated Canadian pilot. I am interested in working in Europe, Caribbean, Asia or Australia. Are there any companies that are hiring Canadian pilots on Dash-8 out there?

G SXTY
11th Sep 2009, 14:11
Most if not all European Dash operators would require a JAA licence and the right to live and work in the EU. That's fairly academic though, as I can't think of anyone who is hiring at the moment.

Otto Throttle
12th Sep 2009, 11:16
Olympic are looking for Dash 8 crews. The link is in the Terms of Endearment forum, as well as ads in most of the industry publications.

Jetgate
12th Sep 2009, 20:55
As mentioned above by Otto, apparently there are already a number of Canadian Dash drivers contracting at Olympic on the -100. Not sure through which agency but you could start with Parc and the like. If you are -400 rated then there could also be short term opportunities on that fleet....

Otto Throttle
13th Sep 2009, 17:02
The Q400 is not a different rating from the 'classic' Dash fleet - it is a common type rating, which is why the Q400 is not quite the a/c it should have been.

N42ER
14th Sep 2009, 00:43
So is Olympic hiring then?
Would they require JAA ratings?
Where are their crew domiciles?

N42ER
14th Sep 2009, 00:48
Well I found this info online...
Olympic Airlines - Pilot Career Centre (http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/AirCarrier.aspx?ID=514)
can anyone else confirm this?

Jetgate
14th Sep 2009, 21:27
hmm that's why it specifically says Dash-8 400 series on my licence Otto. Regardless I would think there might be a differences course to attend before going from -100 to -400.

The -100's are apparently based in Rhodes with some foreign crews and maintained by Flybe. I would imagine they would take any nationality that's suitably qualified on a contract basis but for a permanent position you'd probably need a JAA licence along with the requisite residency requirement...

Call an agency to get the straight goods..... ie. Parc

MVE
15th Sep 2009, 10:25
Flybe are currently flying a wet lease for 'new' Olympic (as announced in Aviation press) and the new airline is recruiting Dash 8 pilots.:ok:

Zeppelin
17th Sep 2009, 12:06
Parc are advertising for Dash-8 pilots for 3+ year contract in Japan. If thats of any interest.