PDA

View Full Version : Baggage tampering in JNB

jokada
10th Sep 2009, 18:20
Just wondering if I am the only person who, having had their baggage tampered with in O.R. Tambo (alias Johannesburg International), ended up with MORE luggage than I started out with!! I flew from Johannesburg to Cape Town on Monday 7 September - carrier unimportant here - and decided to check in my 10 kg trolley bag (:ugh:). On arrival in CPT, took bag from belt (soon after landing), and went home. So far, so good. At home, proceeded to unpack said trolley bag. B-U-T noticed: cylinder lock missing, zips in different position from my usual setting. On opening bag, found contents all upside down, AND - a disgusting pair of trainers on top of my possessions! Nothing was missing (apart from said lock), and nothing was damaged. Obviously, the contents of a weekend case (a bag of laundry plus some toiletries and 2 cellphone chargers, plus a travel alarm clock and hairdryer) were of no interest to whoever broke into my bag - BUT, wtf did I have to end up with his revolting shoes????? Did he go home barefoot .... OR .... did someone else find HIS shoes missing when he opened HIS bag???

Any similar experiences welcome!!