PDA

View Full Version : I'm choosing a country to move to and fly in - which one?

Four-Six North
10th Sep 2009, 15:15
Hello!

I’m fortunate in that I have a non-flying job that will allow me to relocate for the next couple of years. One consideration in my choice is where I might be able to get quality flight training at a reasonable cost (I live in Canada now).

Whereas once upon a time the dream may have been to become an airline pilot, I reckon that now the aim for the coming few years is to get my PPL, maybe a few endorsements. and have some fun.

Immediate possibilities for relocation are: Qatar, Morocco, Indonesia, Philippines, Turkey, Brunei.

Fellow posters, I am grateful for your sage advice:

1) Do any of these countries (or others) offer flight training of a good quality, for a reasonable cost? Do any NOT? Are any completely useless as far as aviation goes?

I realize that quality and cost are linked, but some of these countries may simply be cheaper to obtain training in because the cost of living/fuel is lower, but still have a high standard of aviation.

2) If I were to obtain a license in any of these countries, how easily could an equivalency be obtained once I return to Canada?

Thanks!

janrein
10th Sep 2009, 21:28
46N,

My nearest reference perhaps useful to you may be Fly-in-Spain, a Registered Facility under JAA-rule (by now EASA?), located in LEJR Jerez, Spain, owner and aeroplanes German, CFI British, offering PPL training and more, including regular safaris from their base through Morocco. Ask for Hans or Brian. If not directly practical, they may have more info about actually Morocco-based training.

Wish you a fortunate relocation, wherever.