PDA

View Full Version : B1900D system

yo man
10th Sep 2009, 09:59
Hi All...I need some useful help from you guys..if you have any experience in B1900D..

1. Whats the real functions of "Encoding Altimeter Selector 1/2 ??" some people told me thats what the ATC will get your ALT from..either ALT#1 or #2..But I disagree..I think its something to do with TCAS, EGPWS, GPS and Air data computer..but I cant understand clearly..:{

2. Whats the functions of Air Data Computer? in this a/c?? :{

Your help will be very much appreciated~~!!

captjns
10th Sep 2009, 10:15
Hey Yo man

Came across this about Air Data the Computer. Hope it gives you some insight:ok:.

http://techaidproducts.com/PDFs/Air%20Data%20Computers.pdf

bestglide140
10th Sep 2009, 10:59
It doesn`t do anything else than providing the FCS with information like Altitude and VS.
The Altitude encoders were usually installed in the P1 and P2 Altimeters and exactly therefore the switch was used. Many Aircraft however have been modified with external Encoders because the requirements to Surveillance Equipment (TPX, Mode S, EHS, TAWS) have changed during the past decades frequently, so the originally installed encoders in the Altimeters weren`t able to communicate with the new systems due to incompatibilities.
In all 1900D`s I know (4 in total, I know not really many!) the switch was left only for saving the money for a blind cap! :ok:

RG, BG140

Nickick
21st Sep 2009, 05:53
I fly the 1900D everyday, and use the above mentioned switch everyday. On the 1900D's I fly, there are two encoding altimeters, one getting the information from the captain's side, the other from the copilot's.

When selecting 1, the altitude information from that encoding altimeter is now being used by the transponder, TCAS and GPS, and possibly a few more systems that I can't quite think of right now. If the encoding altimeter were to fail, switching to #2 would make all these systems function again.

The practice that we use where I work is that if the captain's the one flying, we select his #1. If the copilot is flying, we select #2.

Hope this helps