PDA

View Full Version : Boeing ccq course

born to suffer
10th Sep 2009, 00:41
Hi guys
As I know there is a course call CCQ that allow you to moved from airbus 320 to 330 and vice versa in about 7 days
Does the Boeing Company have the same course????
If they do, how many days do u need to fly B777 if you currently flying the B 737 800?

trimotor
10th Sep 2009, 01:10
No CCQ. You might be able to do a short transition though, however, it is very short - too short - I wouldn't recommend it.

powerstall
10th Sep 2009, 04:25
None for the Boeing fleet. CCQ is for the Airbus Family. :ok:

Nightfire
10th Sep 2009, 16:08
When I did my 777 type rating, I got what was called "Similar Aircraft Type"-advantage.
I still had to do the entire TR course, i.e. CBT, written test, and the whole simulator-programme. The only thing which I did not have to do was the touch&go's. Other guys without previous Boeing-rating had to do 10 cirquits in the actual plane, before getting their licences.

However, looking back now, it makes sense. The 737 and 777 share some similarities (I've flown the classics as well as the NGs), but are still quite different. The SOPs and checklists are entirely different, the cockpit-layout is quite different, and the aircraft's systems are also different from the 737-800, although they do have some common principles.

It's not like the Airbus 320 and 330.

born to suffer
11th Sep 2009, 02:45
thanx guys for the explanation

in FACT is
11th Sep 2009, 06:20
but are still quite different

of course I'm agree with you, I meet some guy's who's never flown widebody before on the NG and CL, they thought that flying those plane are the same just because the CRT's are the same, but they don't understand this

The SOPs and checklists are entirely different, the cockpit-layout is quite different, and the aircraft's systems are also different from the 737-800

while I was on the opposite way from wide to narrow, so I feel the different