PDA

View Full Version : PNG CAA Web Site

8th Sep 2009, 23:17
Is anyone had problems with accessing the PNG CAA website. "casr.gov.pg"

My browser reports
This web site at index.jpg (http://www.casr.gov.pg) has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Google also reports this
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for index.jpg (http://www.casr.gov.pg)

What is the current listing status for index.jpg (http://www.casr.gov.pg?)

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 5 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2009-09-07, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-09-07.

Malicious software includes 6 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 7 domain(s), including neborin.info/, securityread.com/, scantoolsite.com/.

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including goscansoon.com/, fauste.info/, goparkscan.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS17828 (Tiare).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, index.jpg (http://www.casr.gov.pg) did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.

tail wheel
9th Sep 2009, 00:27
Site works OK for me. Check your browser security settings.

Capt Fathom
9th Sep 2009, 01:27
IE8 lets me into the site!

Firefox & Safari will not!

VH-XXX
9th Sep 2009, 01:31
Works for me with IE8.

I particularly like their front logo with airliner flying out of a waterfall. Very pretty (and realistic, particularly with what looks like the top of the tail missing).

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bc_j400/png.jpg

tail wheel
9th Sep 2009, 03:50
Nice site, if a bit cheap!

I also like the photo of their Senior Flying Ops Inspector in conference with their head of airworthiness:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Brisbash.jpg

:ok:

OzExpat
9th Sep 2009, 11:55
Yes tw, that's the sum total of the staff available these days - little wonder we end up like that at the end of the day! :} Of course, we all had a lot more hair when that photo was taken...

As I said in another post on another topic, our site HAS been listed as an "attack site". Our host ISP has been less than helpful in resolving the issue, despite the fact that WE have been LOCKED OUT of the site for the past 8 months because it's an "attack site"! Go figure... :ugh:

It's reached the stage where we've had to ask another ISP to build a brand new site for us. I'm trying to make sure that the industry is advised when the new site will be up and running, but suspect that things will happen despite my counsel... :(

tail wheel
9th Sep 2009, 12:44
Oz. I was tempted to label that photo: "Oz and Sid attending Bernie's farewell function" - but thought better of it! :} :}

Has a wander around the site. I see IDL is still listed as a current registration? And the site is so slow....... like a Chimbu on overtime! I can't even ping your site as it times out.

Surely you can get a new host for your site? The small size of the PNG CAA site you'd probably get that hosted for free.

I'd host and manage your web site on our super fast servers for less than the cost of a Goilala office cleaner! :hmm:

the wizard of auz
9th Sep 2009, 12:48
Bwaaahahahaha........ that furniture looks awfully familiar. looks just like the CAA stuff. :}

9th Sep 2009, 22:41
Site works OK for me. Check your browser security settings.

The site may work OK but what is being loaded onto you computer without your knowledge and permission while you are legitimately accessing the site.

tail wheel
10th Sep 2009, 00:27
"...what is being loaded onto you computer without your knowledge..."

Nothing. Not even a Sherman Tank can get through our VPN routers and anti virus software.

May be different if I were to access the site from my home computer! :eek:

Interesting to note the Australian Prime Minister's site has also been hacked.

OzExpat
17th Sep 2009, 08:16
That photo has had several labels over the years tw and all of them seem to point to me, for some reason... :}

I'm in Oz at present, as you've just learned by e-mail, but last I heard was that a deal was being done with a local ISP called Data Nets to build and host the new site. That mob wouldn't have been an automatic first choice by me but it only has to last long enough for our own IT section to be formed and populated so that we can have a new site and new domain name.

The most likely new domain will probably be something similar to CASAPNG.GOV but don't hold me to that. If everything runs to usual form, we won't have our own IT section for another 12 months or so. :ugh:

Meantime, unless you've got very good protection against attack,I don't recommend that anyone should visit the current attack-listed site.

tail wheel
17th Sep 2009, 09:36
That photo has had several labels over the years tw and all of them seem to point to me, for some reason...

Yes. Came from the PPRuNe Christmas Bash a few years ago at the Brekkie Creek. Strange you don't remember.........??? :}

Have you advised all PPRuNers of the Open House invite in FNQ, where the wooden furniture will be replaced with a white plastic chair?

:E

the wizard of auz
17th Sep 2009, 12:05
Only provided that its approved by the body corporate and the silly little trees are removed. :E :ok:

OzExpat
17th Sep 2009, 13:26
Well that's 2 people who know they got the same message! :eek: I figured that was enough to ensure that everybody knows about it before it finds its way into tomorrow's Daily Telegraph headline! :}

And yes, tw, I have vague and distant recollections of bashes at the Brekkie Creek. I seem to recall that the other bloke in the pic was referred to as Disco Stu... never seems to be a Mod at these things when ya really need one! :E

the wizard of auz
17th Sep 2009, 13:58
I reckon you should donate the white plastic chair to CAA. they need the furniture. :E

tipsy2
18th Sep 2009, 03:22
Whatever I have told my 'Firefox" browser wont let me anywhere near the CAA website. Did the same for the previous 'National" newspaper site as well.

I think my boss (as slandered above) might have a mate for the plastic chair:E

tipsy the wonder cat:=
I wonder what he will do next?

OzExpat
18th Sep 2009, 14:42
Plastic chairs mating? :eek:
Nooooo! We can't have anything like THAT happening in such a public place as this! :}