PDA

View Full Version : Hahnweide 2009: Bf109 + Fw190 "attacking" B-17

Asrian
8th Sep 2009, 01:18
Hahnweide Oldtimer & Classics Airshow 2009 last weekend at Kirchheim/Teck, Germany:
Combat simulation display flown by the warbird owners from L'Amicale Jean Baptiste Salis, La Ferté, France. They came over with their P-40, Spitfire, P-40 Kitty Hawk, B-17 and Fw-190 replica. The furball was joined by the Bf109 "Rote 7".
Just have a simple camera, but tried to capture some of it:

Fw190+Bf109 "attacking" B-17 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teK8iXUGv4c) , P-40 and Spitfire "defending"

Check Youtube for "Hahnweide 2009" for more videos from that airshow...

Con Air
3rd Oct 2009, 18:55
Asrian

I was interested to see your video. Some great shots. What really interested me though was the shots of the Spitfire and Focke wolf landing.
I noticed as you panned round, there was a ground shot of a JU 52 with yellow markings.

In 1989/1990 I was involved in the restoration of a JU 52 at North Weald. This was finished in the same colour scheme as the one in your video. I've managed to dig out some photos of the project and will try to get them scanned onto this thread, but have no access to a scanner at present.

I managed to get a flight in the JU at the 1990 fighter meet at North Weald where we were 'attacked' by a spitfire. Also have some video clips of this and again will try to get them on here.

My photos revealed it was finished with identification markings VK + AZ.

Following restoration, the aircraft was used in a WW11 drama series 'Wish Me Luck'.

Hopefully I will get it sorted soon.

treadigraph
3rd Oct 2009, 23:45
Con Air, the green and yellow Ju52 is the Salis Collection's F-AJZU from La Ferte Alais - It was formerly G-BECL with Doug Arnold and later The Junkers JU52/3M Flight.

Con Air
6th Oct 2009, 19:42
Thanks for that, looking at G-info, I see that G-BECL was de registered in 1990, which coincides with when I was working on the JU 52 at North Weald.

I'm not sure if this would be the same one though as I have a photo of it flying prior to work being undertaken. At the time of the photo, it is bearing German markings.

The photo below shows the aircraft, once most of he old paint has been removed.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_TDqwtoQy7Wo/SsoWGZTFfxE/AAAAAAAAAEs/Uj1H8f-uTnU/s144-c/AircraftPictures.jpg

regards Con Air

treadigraph
6th Oct 2009, 20:31
Yeah, the Salis team rebuilt the aircraft at La Ferte Alais - there was a good article by one of their team in Aeroplane several years back.

Quick research on G-INFO - probably yours was G-BFHG which was with Aces High until '94 and is now with Kermit Weeks at Polk City.

Con Air
7th Oct 2009, 18:41
have sent you a PM

regards Con Air

treadigraph
7th Oct 2009, 19:17
Hi Con Air, have responded.

Cheers

Treadders