PDA

View Full Version : The Compleat Taildragger

Hill Roller
5th Sep 2009, 10:17
Where does one get a copy? I can't seem to find one anywhere, and I'm reluctant to buy one from overseas...surely there must be some for sale in Aust?

Jabawocky
5th Sep 2009, 12:39
Try searching with the correct spelling :E

Amazon.com: The Compleat Taildragger Pilot (9780963913708): Harvey S. Plourde: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Compleat-Taildragger-Pilot-Harvey-Plourde/dp/0963913700)

Hill Roller
5th Sep 2009, 13:35
Looks like I have to order from overseas then....:{

poteroo
6th Sep 2009, 00:49
Hill Roller

I read Ploudes' book some 15 years ago when preparing an Ops Manual section to cover t/w endorsing and thought it was a bit limited in scope. He uses a Cessna 170 as his main example, and primarily explains 3-point landings in that aircraft. Felt he was not a full bottle on 'wheelers', which you tend to use more in the Cessna 170/180/185 types - especially on sealed surfaces. Robson does a better job there, and it's more local.

The best text hasn't been written yet - because there are so many t/w makes and models about, and many are not covered by existing texts.

Your chosen flight school should have a comprehensive t/w syllabus written into their Ops Manual. You should discuss with the CFI whether it's even advisable for you to be looking elsewhere at the initial endorsement stage. You might find that the time to read up on more technique is after you are endorsed, have develop some skills, and can then try other techniques.

Don't make it too hard.....K. I. S. S. is the go.

happy days,

Hill Roller
6th Sep 2009, 09:40
Thanks Poteroo,

I'll purchase Robsons book as well, don't worry I wont confuse myself too much :E:)

Wombat35
6th Sep 2009, 19:32
I got mine from Amazon... turned up in a couple of days... even to NZ! :ok:

i.dingbat
7th Sep 2009, 08:45
I wouldn't worry about ordering books from overseas. It works like magic and I have never had any order not show up, well-packed and in a timely fashion. It really opens up some great possibilities for expanding the library.

I did this for 'Stick & Rudder' by by Wolfgang Langewiesche - a great read.