PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air Center & Bristol.gs Distance Learning Course

daytonapilot
5th Sep 2009, 05:12
Hello All,
I am located in Daytona Beach, Florida and i have Faa Multi Commercial with about 230hr in my logbook. I want to fly in europe and i am about to start to convert my licenses to JAA.

I am working full time and i dont have time to attend any residential ATPL ground school. So, for that reason i need to do Distance Learning Course.I read the forum and most of you recommend Bristol ground school for the 14exams.

I have talked with them but they require me to travel to England for brush up course which i can not afford. My only option in this case is to do Distance Learning Course with Naples Air Center. However, most of comments are negative about this school. I am stuck in the middle and i need some advice from you all.

Any comments or advices are greatly appreciated.

itsbrokenagain
6th Sep 2009, 02:52
First question is you obviously are of EU origin and can legally work there right?

If so, all I can say is try one of the other schools who have their foot into the US market, have you talked to Orlando Flight Training, I dont think they have DL approval but might be able to steer you in another direction or help with another school.

But you are on track with your current thoughts about which school to go to in my opinion, nothing in Europe is cheap, and also you will have to go to there to get your class one medical. You do have this already dont you and know how different and hard this is when compared to the FAA medical??

daytonapilot
6th Sep 2009, 17:25
Yes, i am legal to work in EU.

I have completed all of my flight training in U.S and never had the need for a JAA medical, so i dont really know if i need a JAA first class medical to complete all that 14 exams but i am aware that i will need that in order to work later on.

Well, i have the bristols complete trainig manuals and everything that i received from my friend. Since, i will be studying at home, i only need the flight school to give me an authorization so i can sit for the exams here in florida. If there is a way to skip that please let me know because i really dont want to pay 3K so they can sign my paperwork.

I read the Negative comments on Naples Air Center flight school. What about their Distance Learning Course? Is it any better??

Does anybody know what question database they use here in the Kissemee testing center in florida? Did they switch to V3?

Der_Fischmeister
6th Sep 2009, 17:31
may i recommend first to do the JAA Initial Medical.Believe an old man when he says its different then the 10 min first class in the USA done by the Doc in that Flying Community .

To do the JAA Exams Quick and with somehow success you need to work your arse off if you work on regular basis .
i did it when i was woring at the airport as a Ramp agent and i came home after 10 hrs to sit in front of the laptop another 6 ..sometimes to go afterwards back for an early shift.

Distance learning requires "German-Attitude"...heheheh
Its tough but doable (i did it )

look into Horizon Zürich ...

Bu first do the medical

Cheers

Its ..the Fischmeister

Keygrip
6th Sep 2009, 21:18
daytona - I'm a little curious as to why you expect the schools to bend over backwards to get you through the exams as quickly and cheaply as they possibly can.

Your mail *suggests* you have course materials that you did not buy from them, now you want to do the exams for free (as far as the schools are concerned).

Whilst we *all* want to do stuff as inexpensive as we can legitimately do - the schools do pay an absolute fortune for their approvals to teach groundschool and have examination centres locally.

Why should they just sign you off?