PDA

View Full Version : Current/past J-1 US flight students on forum

climb_thrust
4th Sep 2009, 23:50
Hi Guys,

Are there any current/past flight trainees from the US on this forum?

Would like to know about regulations concerning leave after entering the US(before and after program's start date).

Can an International Student with an issued J-1 visa travel within the US after first entry with J-1 before the start date of flight program?

How many times is one allowed to take leave and travel within or external to the US after beginning the flight program?

Regards

climb_thrust

TheOne83
5th Sep 2009, 07:42
Hi,

Shouldn't be any major problems. I travelled a couple of times within the US during both my training and working period. When it comes to leave the US for a visit home, vacation etc. it's not a problem to get in or out as long as you always bring your papers, to prove that you are following an education program (studying) and of course identification (passport+visa).

I have a friend travelling now soon with a J-1 and he was told that he could enter the US 1 month before start of visa and leave 1 month after expiration of visa.

i would strongly recommend you to check with the embassy to avoid any confusions. They now best what the rules are concerning enty&departure under the visa they issued you.

good luck! :ok: