PDA

View Full Version : Pay Rates for Instructors?

MagicalLeoplurodon
4th Sep 2009, 05:07
I'm just wondering what pay scale do Flying Instructors come under?

Am I right in saying that flying schools must pay their Instructors as per the "Pilots (General Aviation) Award 1998"?

The award states that Casual instructors will be paid per flying hour...what about when they are required to do admin duties on the ground? What rate should they be paid then?

I noticed that some schools aren't associated with this award...for example Bas air. What award would instructors working for them by governed by?

GADRIVR
4th Sep 2009, 05:47
"Am I right in saying that flying schools must pay their Instructors as per the "Pilots (General Aviation) Award 1998"?

Yes...as a minimum.

There is nothing specific under the award re ground instruction but speaking from personal experience, the office of workplace relations will apply the flying rate to the ground duties.
Basair Award.....I doubt whether it exists.....and if so ...again, it MUST have the AWARD as a minimum.
I've heard a rumour that a couple of operators in BK are about to be wacked with back pay demands.award rates etc.....up to 6 years back pay in fact!
Excellent.....couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people!:ok:

das Uber Soldat
4th Sep 2009, 07:17
cmon GA! Share! :}

MagicalLeoplurodon
4th Sep 2009, 18:25
das Uber Soldat - see the thread titled 'Attn: Chartair and Basair employees..'

Because sharing is caring :D

Iknowboats
4th Sep 2009, 20:38
Hi Guys,

was wondering if, given that we're loosely on the topic, anyone could recommend a place to do an instructor rating in Sydney? Also helpful would be your thoughts on whether it's worth doing said rating at the moment? Are there jobs around for grade 3's? Do any operators have a 'course plus job' type set up?

Any tips would be great, cheers. :ok:

tio540
4th Sep 2009, 22:20
Do they pay instructors now? Didn't happen in my day.:hmm:

wobble2plank
4th Sep 2009, 22:37
Didn't we just used to get to feed off the blood of failed students back then?

I hate Elf and Safety and the new politically correct world. :}