PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Smartair - Albury

White and Fluffy
3rd Sep 2009, 22:31
Hi,

Just after some info on this company as far as type of work, standard of aircraft and general attitudes of the staff/owners? I have spoken with them in the past, checked their website, etc, so am more interested in any personal experiences and opinions.

I am an older guy and am interested in taking the wife and family to a place that we can settle and stay for a long time. We have always liked Albury and the surrounding area. Do they get much charter or instructional work or is it mainly a maintenance base with a few aircraft attached?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

W & F.

Matt1
24th May 2010, 00:13
GA Fatman
are you employed at Smart Air or have you just trained there.. I have actually handed in my resume to them not that long ago and really hope i get the job, move the wife and kids up north .. sounds like a great company to work for..

Matt1
24th May 2010, 01:06
Hi Just curious as I have applied for a job with Smartair in Albury and really would love to work for them (and be closer to family) but does anyone know whether the instructors there are getting paid a salary (perm full time:)) or casual (pay per hour of flying :eek:).. Currently at Moorabbin since 2008 full time but 3 weeks after my wife gave birth to our 2nd child I got called into the office and was told i was now going onto caual rates :uhoh: togther with a few other instructors.. And so since Feb 2010 its been that casual that I have had no flights $zero income coming in for 3 months NOT GOOD :ouch:. Have heard only great things about Smartair :D.. And should i fly up and introduce myself??? Or would that be a little too pushy?? Or just sit back and wait.. its the waiting i cant stand....:ugh:

Tmbstory
24th May 2010, 06:14
Matt1:

Just go up and see them, present yourself well.

Tmb

Bones13
13th Mar 2014, 01:45
Hi,
I'll be doing my MECIR soon and wonder if anyone has used Smartair in Albury. Would you recommend them?
Cheers

garrya100
13th Mar 2014, 03:24
I've done all my training with Smartair at Bx and am about to start IREX with them at BX. I now know most of the staff personally and find them easy to work with and very knowledgeable.

<bias alert> I enjoyed working with them so much that my aircraft is on line with them at Bx for advanced training (CPL, IFR, CSU Retract etc) <bias alert/>

Jack Ranga
13th Mar 2014, 05:39
Nuthin' wrong with a bit of bias, at least you declare it unlike most!