PDA

View Full Version : Hours study per week with BGS

Captain-Random
3rd Sep 2009, 19:03
Done a search.... looked on BGS website....... No joy

So....

Obviusly more is better but, how many hours study per week on average have BGS students done?

Did doing less hours have an impact on your results?

I would especially like to hear from people who had other commitments while they studying such as jobs etc

cheers

C-R

paco
3rd Sep 2009, 19:12
If it's any help, distance learning courses are supposed to be geared around 15 hours per week. Ours are geared for between 15-20. BGS are likely similar.

Phil

high flyer 13
4th Sep 2009, 03:09
Module 1 bristol 6 hours a day 7 days a week every second weekend off !! done this for 4 months 1 of which was just all question bank then i sat the 8 exams and they all went very well..
module 2 im doing at moment about 4/5 hours a day 5 days a week the odd weekend..... exams in early november..!! this is all full time study may i just add :ok: ........
just do as much as you can until you start drifting off ........!! all the best hope it goes well also....." red bull is a great invention " !!.......:)

Parson
4th Sep 2009, 09:53
Did BGS modules while working full-time and I struggled to do more than 10-12productive hrs/wk. It took me 18 months to complete and about 1600 hrs total study including the brush up courses.

It is do-able while holding down another job, you just have to be realistic about how long it will take and give yourself the best chance of getting through with minimal problems.