PDA

View Full Version : Ysr Crash

Wannabe Flyer
3rd Sep 2009, 07:46
Any one have any ideas what might have happened. From the media reports it looks like it was CFIT............

Any feedback on the experience of the crew???

AviatorVette
3rd Sep 2009, 09:33
seems like they flew into ifr conditions flying VFR.

mysticgohan_92
3rd Sep 2009, 11:14
I know the captain SK Bhatia very well. We go back a long way. He is a very experienced pilot and what I know of him , he is a guy who will follow the rules and not take chances. Maybe pressure from the CM or a technical defect might have diverted their attention at a very crucial stage. With the kind of weather reported CFIT could be the most probable primary cause. I am sure there would be other equally strong contributing causes. May his soul rest in peace.

alouette3
3rd Sep 2009, 14:15
Aviation is not kind to Indian politicians. In the US aviation has not been kind to music celebrities and the Kennedy family.
Condolences to those left behind and RIP to the souls on board.
Alt3

Left Wing
3rd Sep 2009, 14:45
Hope this sad day will bring to light the requirements to upgrade Indian aviation infrastructure ... and improve GA stds...

all rest in peace...

hpcock
3rd Sep 2009, 15:05
Regardless of who they were - one of us is not with us anymore - RIP

Let's hope the people concerned take stock of what has happened & make sure it doesn't happen again.

cosmiccomet
3rd Sep 2009, 15:29
What airline is YSR???

gottofly
3rd Sep 2009, 15:59
YSR was a politician?(CM of Andhra pradesh) who has died in the chopper crash that happened yesterday.chopper apparently was currently operated by Andhra Pradesh cops.VT-APG reg

Wannabe Flyer
4th Sep 2009, 06:14
With the speedy appointment of the inquiry commission and with all politicos jostling for position, I am sure there will be many rumors making the rounds, especially by an over zealous media (some who in my opinion need to be dropped from some height to get a perspective).

In all of this regardless of the outcome I do hope the real cause comes out and the crew regardless of any fault are not made scapegoats. The root cause of why they flew VFR in IFR should be made public so that these kind of re occourance with politicans is reduced. :*