PDA

View Full Version : Looking for private hire CPL test capable machine around BN

PlankBlender
3rd Sep 2009, 06:01
Hi fellow ppruners, who's got a CPL test capable (CSU & 120KIAS TAS) aeroplane for private hire around Brisbane? Looking to buy a block of hours (probably around 10-15) to get up to snuff and do the flight test.

Piper preferred, less fam. to do from my Archer..

Cheers!

overhere
3rd Sep 2009, 10:00
Redcliffe have an Arrow. FTA use to have an Arrow too - not sure if they still do.

j3pipercub
3rd Sep 2009, 11:39
Not affiliated with anyone but I would recommend giving QAS a call Plank, they are fantastic to deal with, helped me out of a pickle in regards to cross-hiring me and aircraft last month.

maverick22
3rd Sep 2009, 11:58
I see there's a lance for private hire at archy in the aviation trader, not sure if the owner would allow airwork in it though. Might be worth asking if not already

bensonC
3rd Sep 2009, 21:39
Not any more. Could possibly get in contact with the said arrow owner at Archerfield. Did most of my com in it very nice aircraft.

Oz Vegemite
4th Sep 2009, 03:20
RQAC has a number that are suitable for CPL including C172RG, C182 and Piper Arrow.

PlankBlender
4th Sep 2009, 23:38
Thanks for the pointers, I'll try the Lance guy, ideally I wouldn't want the retract, so a Saratoga, Cherokee 6/235, Dakota or Pathfinder are probably the ones that would be the pick of the bunch.. :ok:

MakeItHappenCaptain
5th Sep 2009, 08:04
The lance is a retract but a VERY tidy unit.
QAS's Arrow 4 has gone south, but there is a 180 Arrow that may suffice.
Alternately, have a scmick 182 based at YRED (no AF charges) that may assist. Should be WAY cheaper than RQ (without even considering landing fees).
PM for details.:ok:
JPW (Arrow being used by FTA) appears to be with RQ, but be aware, there are so much high end avionics in there (for a GA trainer) that managing it can be VERY distracting to your flying.