PDA

View Full Version : how do i apply as cfi in states

brummie22
2nd Sep 2009, 12:53
hello guys... just wondering as we all know aviation is going through tough times around the world & i am currently with kingfisher but nothing much happening on that front as am sitting on ground n doing not flying at all... was wondering if there are any jobs going around in usa... was instructing out in san diego for a bit & am itching to get back to my first love instructing . so if anyone has any leads pls help me out !!

ReverseFlight
3rd Sep 2009, 03:30
I don't know how long it's been since you last instructed at SD but presumably those were the the good old days. Take SDFTI for example - things are very quiet there, which means a student gets a lot of attention, but the instructors are finding it a bit hard to build hours quickly.

brummie22
3rd Sep 2009, 14:27
hey reverse.. well last i instructed was in oct'07... but heard from few guys around that some schools are still employing but on the pretext of cfi's doing further courses as in mei or cfii or other things... n get paid the other way.. lol.. dunno how true though !!
truely i am not keen on piling on hrs n look for a commercial job want to instruct in general...