PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Need a 6 seater single

karl414ac
1st Sep 2009, 21:19
Hello

I need a 6 seater single for a trip i am planning with some friends around europe.

Can anyone shed anylight on where a can hire a 6 seater SEP on a dry rate as there will be plenty of off-base refuels enroute

Thanks in advance

414AC

18greens
2nd Sep 2009, 06:18
Sounds like you might need an 8 seater.

BEagle
2nd Sep 2009, 07:58
Try Googling 'Cherokee Six for hire'?

I found one quite quickly - based at Kidlington. Or rather 'London Oxford International Airport' or whatever the latest stupid name is.

The same organisation now owns our much-loved and much-missed Cherokee 140 G-AYJP.....:{

Captain Stable
2nd Sep 2009, 08:07
414AC - you're gonna need a bigger boat. With a full aircraft plus bags (if you're going for several days) you'll have about enough fuel to taxy to the hold.

Consider also the weather. If it's in the near future, unless you have an IR you may well find yourself running into trouble. Then again, if you have an IR you probably also have an MEP rating.

If I owned a 6-seater single, I'd be asking you a LOT more questins about this trip...

Heliplane
2nd Sep 2009, 08:50
I was googling yesterday and found this: Aircraft (http://home.btconnect.com/modair/html/aircraft.html)

Duchess_Driver
2nd Sep 2009, 08:56
Panshanger had one, IIRC.

Modernair at Fowlmere also used to, not sure of the current status of both.

Tropair at Biggin Hill.

Maybe, just maybe, 414 has already thought about all of this - and it's four seats + fuel that is being flown around!

lotusexige
2nd Sep 2009, 10:22
How about an AN2?

Hugh_Jarse
2nd Sep 2009, 10:45
Karl,

I have one which I may be willing to hire ... but as the good Captain says, I'd need to know a lot more about your trip - and you - first.

PM me with your contact details, further info about the trip/pax/your experience, and we can discuss ...

Hugh

Big Pistons Forever
2nd Sep 2009, 16:24
The Cherokee 6 is a pretty imperssive load hauler. The last one I flew would legally carry 50 USG of gas, 6 adults and 220 lbs of bags.