PDA

View Full Version : International Pilot Training: What are the options?

jordanpolonijo
1st Sep 2009, 20:51
I must admit I rarely post or read this site but I respect the fact that many who do are very knowledgeable on areas that I am not.

My question, albeit a general one, is what are the option for a UK citizen wishing to commit to professional pilot training abroad?

I am interested in both Modular/Integrated ATPL for both jet and turbo prop. I would also be happy to do rotary or seaplane training as long as I was able to earn good money from it. Is it possible to graduate abroad and then continue on and work in that country as a legally rated pilot with the respective governing body. Any information on becoming rated to carry passenger in seaplanes and firefighting rating would also be very welcomed along with an explanation concerning the differences between the JAA and JAR governing bodies and licenses.

Im very keen to take my next step as I have spend 14 months plus waiting on two extremely slow military applications and want to have plan b/c ready.

Im looking into this because I know for a fact I cannot get a secured loan for CTC/CABAIR/OAT but may be able to get work in British Coloumbia to supplement any potential flight training.

I will be posting this in one or two areas of the forum but please do not feel too aggrieved if you deem it to be in the wrong place as I am not too sure which is the correct area for quite a niche set of circumstances and aspirations.

Many Regards

:ok: