PDA

View Full Version : CASA rules for newly hired pilots

Bla Bla Bla
31st Aug 2009, 15:06
Hi can anyone tell me the exact CASA rules with regards to operators sighting your license and log book before you fly with them in any capacity. Does the operator need copies of the above and medical etc.

Also what are the requirements for line training for newly hired pilots to a charter SEP operator before you can fly pax pic or icus.

Or where I can find this info.

thanks

pcx
31st Aug 2009, 21:58
Generally the requirements for each operator will be detailed in their Ops Manual.
CAR 215(9) then makes these requirements mandatory.
A carefull read of CAO 82.1 will also help.

The Green Goblin
31st Aug 2009, 22:01
I thInk you need to check out CAO 20.11

PA39
31st Aug 2009, 23:25
In brief....yes. i used to run a personal file for each line pilot. copies of licence, medical, ratings, endorsements, renewal dates and all contact details including next of kin etc etc. i was a little over the top with everything, but after a couple of heavy surveilance audits they left me alone and concentrated on the CP/CFI who were going their hardest to do the wrong thing!!. The CP will do checks on you over a period of flights and route checks to ensure you are capable of meeting his, the ops manual and CASA requirements.

Pilotette
1st Sep 2009, 09:33
Don't forget that now they need to do a drug test in the form of a urine sample too. :ok:

kalavo
1st Sep 2009, 10:10
Saliva test meets the requirements

Ultergra
1st Sep 2009, 12:17
So to get this right, if a pilot is hired by a company, any company, it's a requirement for a drug test?

solowflyer
1st Sep 2009, 12:23
My boss wants me to do some exam to become the testing officer for this new D and A crap:zzz:, apparently is on the CASA site but I'm stuffed if i can find it. Anyone have any ideas (sorry for hijacking the thread)

wheatbix
1st Sep 2009, 12:38
The link for the DAMP Supervisor training program is here (http://aod.casa.gov.au/aod/what_i_should_know/organisations_supervisors.html)