PDA

View Full Version : What happen with the type rated?

dieana
31st Aug 2009, 02:53
Hello everybody, I have a question for you all. I flew four years ago B767-300 as F/O, during 2006 I became captain of B737-200 and now Iīm captain of CRJ 900NG. I would like to know what happened to the B767 type rated I had or to the B737? Did I lose them? Are they still alive?
I will appreciatte some answers. THANKs.

Shunter
31st Aug 2009, 07:20
Stating your license type would be useful.... Assuming JAA: If they've lapsed by less than 5 years, you just need to do a proficiency check. More than 5 years and I believe you have to resit the TR groundschool aswell.

dieana
31st Aug 2009, 11:27
I have ICAO licence.

Shunter
31st Aug 2009, 16:50
Oh Jesus...

Are you sure you can fly an aeroplane? There is no such thing as an ICAO license. You might have a UK license, a JAA license, an FAA license.... they're all "ICAO COMPLIANT", but ICAO DO NOT ISSUE LICENSES.

The regulations pertaining to your type ratings will depend on the country which issued your license. Sorry to be so brash, but if you are a professional pilot, you really should have learnt this a very long time ago when you studied Annex 1 of the Chicago Convention.

dieana
31st Aug 2009, 21:58
Be sure I am able to fly a lot of aeroplanes and many models too (B737-B757-B757-CRJ). Besides many airlines all over the world accept Icao licences, such as qatar, emirates, vietnam, japan airlines, these are just a few oneīs.
I really apreciate your opinion and your knowledge about it but I donīt agree with you.

Regards

redsnail
31st Aug 2009, 22:19
Go and dig out your licence and see who it is issued by.
It will state who issued it and under which regulatory standards.

Eg, mine states that it is issued by the UK CAA and it is issued in accordance with ICAO [and JAR-FCL] standards.

ICAO does not issue the licence, it sets the umbrella standards by which the issuing Authority follows.

So... to answer your question, you need to look at your licencing authority's specific regulations.

pilotbear
31st Aug 2009, 22:22
No disrespect meant here but Shunter is correct despite the straight talking, it is your responsibility to know the regulations regarding your licence and each country of issue has different rules. Most licences are issued in accordance with ICAO but it is the issuing authority that is important.
It is as important as knowing your aeroplane otherwise how would you know if you are legal.
If it is FAA read the FAR-AIM, if it is JAA read LASORS etc.

powerstall
1st Sep 2009, 03:14
Shunter was very blunt but exact to the point. You should know.... The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), an agency of the United Nations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations), codifies the principles and techniques of international air navigation and fosters the planning and development of international air transport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheduled_air_transport) to ensure safe and orderly growth.

doubt they issue licenses.... :ouch:

Shunter
1st Sep 2009, 18:01
On reflection I was a little strong, so apologies for any offence caused.

Point stands though.

redbar1
1st Sep 2009, 18:12
Shunter:
Just a small "heads up" regarding Assuming JAA: If they've lapsed by less than 5 years, you just need to do a proficiency check. More than 5 years and I believe you have to resit the TR groundschool aswell

This is (I assume)UK CAA interpretation of the "Expired ratings" paragraph in FCL. Be aware that there are a multitude of interpretations/practises by the different National CAA's around in Europe.

Just for the record :ok:

Agree on the ICAO bit btw.

Cheers,
Redbar1